Crappy ear muffs, or bait and switch, or something.

West_Fork

5 year old buck +
I have a couple year old pair of Walker's razor electronic ear muffs. It's too late for my ears, so I benefit most from the sound amplification. This time of year it's nice for finding elk. So I bought the wife a new pair of Walker's razor muffs, and they are garbage. They actually filter out the sound of elk. You can hear leaves rustling plenty, constant white noise, but bugles are chirps are completely silent, as if it is actually filtered out. Knobs are different too, and I am guessing everything electronic is not the same as my old pair. What a bunch of dicks. They should be selling under a different model name. This would be like buying a new truck and finding a 4 banger in place of a v-8.

Same thing happened with me and Burris scope rings years ago. They hit the market with very good quality and price. Then after they establish a reputation they go and change everything to a cheaper design and you get screwed.

No more Walker's products for me.

Sorry to hear about that. Where did you buy the new ones? A lot of the things that I use for hunting (knives, broadheads, SD cards, rechargeable batteries, etc.) have been counterfeited. Buying directly from Amazon is okay, but anything from Amazon's marketplace can be suspect. Ebay is even worse. Not sure if that is the case in your situation, but I am sure that there are counterfeit ear muffs out there.

Sorry to hear about that. Where did you buy the new ones? A lot of the things that I use for hunting (knives, broadheads, SD cards, rechargeable batteries, etc.) have been counterfeited. Buying directly from Amazon is okay, but anything from Amazon's marketplace can be suspect. Ebay is even worse. Not sure if that is the case in your situation, but I am sure that there are counterfeit ear muffs out there.
I just returned them to Sportsmen's Warehouse. The lady looked at me like I was nuts, but my wife with good hearing confirmed they filter the sound of elk, every bit of it. My other pair amplifies. It looks like they released a lessor model under the same name, and then added a sub model name like "patriot."

It's like they counterfeited their own product.