All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crabapple, Plums, Serviceberry, Pear and Cherry

Nice pic. Nice to see your hard work rewarded

Nice pic. Nice to see your hard work rewarded

Thanks. I put in a hard day today doing maintenance - mainly mowing with a walk behind DR Mower. Spring cleaning.

NH are you going to get any of the hard cold we are getting in the next 4 days before it goes to 60?

NH are you going to get any of the hard cold we are getting in the next 4 days before it goes to 60?

I think we are going to miss that here. They are giving 31 for a low tonight and well above freezing the next 15 days. That's encouraging, but there is still time for a good fruit crop to be ruined. Good luck to you guys up north, and I hope it isn't too bad.

We are in for a wave of cold here in PA I am glad my trees don't look like yours but some of mine will be at 1/2 inch green to tight cluster which could be affected with some of the temps that they are saying it may go down to

I was worried when the AccuWeather app started forecasting single digits for Tuesday night. Now they are back to calling for a slightly more reasonable 14F.

:(I am still worried at sub 20 based on the progress of some of my trees

:(I am still worried at sub 20 based on the progress of some of my trees
Yeah me too.
I have two pear trees that are third leaf that I have been training very aggressively. They are blooming this year for the first time, those buds will be toast by Wednesday.
On the bright side, they will thin themselves this year!

Yeah me too.
I have two pear trees that are third leaf that I have been training very aggressively. They are blooming this year for the first time, those buds will be toast by Wednesday.
On the bright side, they will thin themselves this year!
Pears can take a bit more cold than apples depending on what stage they are at and at my place pears are at or near tight cluster which means they should be good to around 15 degrees. We can all hope they are wrong again and thst it stays a bit warmer

NEPAQDM is that a bow pic? If so of what. That's far along yikes :eek:

We got nailed with snow and wind and 20 degrees. If you got the same its not good

I was up at camp last Thursday the 31st. Our apple trees were just opening SOME leaf buds on SOME trees - others just swollen. The leaves were about 3/8" to 1/2" just un-curling from a few buds. I'm hoping this cold snap isn't as bad as they say it may get. The radar map showed some sleet / snow mix around where camp sits - about an hour SW of Aero's place. It looks like the whole northern tier of Pa. is gonna be cold for a bit. Good luck to all involved !!