Covert Lora System- link up to 9 cams

Tamarack

5 year old buck +
With expanded coverage and increased stealth, the new LoRa Series from Covert Scouting Cameras is built upon a proprietary low frequency long-range transmission system that fortifies the backbone of Covert’s industry-leading wireless scouting camera technology.

Through the use of Covert’s exclusive long-range, low-power data transmission network the new LoRa series allows users to link up to nine cameras to a single wireless base transmission unit that sends images over either AT&T or Verizon wireless networks. Through the activation of a long-range frequency proprietary communication network, Covert’s LC32 cameras link with the LB wireless base to transmit images through the Covert Wireless app and/or Covert Web Portal. LC32 cameras can forward images in a wide range of terrain, habitat and vegetation from distances up to 1,100 yards. Both the LB-A (AT&T) and LB-V (Verizon) 4G LTE wireless compatible base units feature three powerful antennas and are powered by twelve AA batteries for long lasting-coverage. The unit’s pocket-sized 3.5” by 5” by 3” exterior is constructed of a rugged and durable plastic cloaked under a premium camo finish. The interior memory card slot supports up to a 32 GB SD memory card and has a 1.5-inch LCD review screen with simple-to-use settings for effortless set up.

Now they just need a white flash model.

I have been running Coverts since they came out with the 1st cell cam several years ago. I think I will wait a year on the new system.
I am not sure what the fascination is with the white flash. Myself being an older person have used the original white flash cameras, and back then you would get less and less pictures at each camera. I had to stop taking night pictures and the deer came back. You can o my blind a big buck with a brite light so many times before it spoils him. Does and yearlings could care less.

Yeah I don't plan on adding any other cams 'til next year myself. If Covert has theirs so you can do all the firmware updates etc w/out going to their cameras then Cuddeback better speed things up and do that as well. I only have one linked to the Home and it's a pain when I have other cams to also check out or don't want to have to bother the area the cell cams are at.

Many of us just prefer white flash. See the same bucks sticking around to get their pictures taken- you can see threads in other forums and Facebook of big bucks not caring. I've had a black flash cam set taking video while deer trigger the white flash and they don't even look up. That's not to say it doesn't occur, many of us just haven't been seeing any problems. I'm staying away from "lo glo". Sticking with black or white.

And a red fox is not a grey fox with white flash! :emoji_laughing:

T_00001(19).JPGT_00001(17).JPG

I probably had a dozen covert cell cams over the years. The experience has convinced me to never buy another Covert. Sorry,, but they were overpriced junk. I paid for 2-3 and all the others were given to me when the originals failed.

I have had pretty good luck with my Covert cell cams. I am currently running 5 right now with plans to add more.

It was only a matter of time before other players besides Cuddeback and Buckeye got in the game. I am hoping this competition will only force everyone to get better.

I probably had a dozen covert cell cams over the years. The experience has convinced me to never buy another Covert. Sorry,, but they were overpriced junk. I paid for 2-3 and all the others were given to me when the originals failed.
The fist few series had issues with water intrusion, but I have been running 8 cameras for several years now, and the only ones I had to replace was from a battery that blew up in the box, and 1 from a bear eating the camera. I have also sent my older 3 g cameras and upgraded them to 4g. They were asking $100 for the upgrade, and you got to keep the old cameras. I even talked them down on that. They upgraded 4 other cameras for $200, and I bought another at $200. So I got 5 new cameras for $400.
Early on everyone complained about their customer service, but if you call them, they live answer the phone and help you. If you email them, they wouldn’t respond.

It is all going to depend on distance between cameras and battery life. I get 1100 yards between cuddebacks in open areas - but barely 275 yards in heavily wooded areas. People are going to be mad when they buy these coverts if they dont get close to the advertised 1100 yards. Cuddelink says generally 400 yards - and that is fairly accurate - give or take. Battery life has been a huge struggle for cuddelink. Will be interesting to see if covert has come up with a fix.

I’m happy to see this announcement. I think cudde needs some competition. However I’m not sure these daisy chain like the cuddes do. Battery life and compression size are my concerns. Network speed will be interesting too.

The fist few series had issues with water intrusion, but I have been running 8 cameras for several years now, and the only ones I had to replace was from a battery that blew up in the box, and 1 from a bear eating the camera. I have also sent my older 3 g cameras and upgraded them to 4g. They were asking $100 for the upgrade, and you got to keep the old cameras. I even talked them down on that. They upgraded 4 other cameras for $200, and I bought another at $200. So I got 5 new cameras for $400.
Early on everyone complained about their customer service, but if you call them, they live answer the phone and help you. If you email them, they wouldn’t respond.
Their CS is top notch. When you have as many problems as they do, they get pretty good at CS. There are plenty of cams on the market now that blow them away, for a fraction of the cost. Glad you like the, I just don't.

It doesn’t sound like these daisy chain. So that will limit distance. It could improve battery life over something like a cudde system.

Have a link to the tech specs? Without them, it is just marketing jazz. I don't mean fluff, like transmission distances. I mean actual frequency range and radio specs.

No, that’s the frustrating thing, I messaged their support and the just said look at the description... i found out that it doesn’t daisy chain through a YouTube video of their rep talking at the ata show..

No, that’s the frustrating thing, I messaged their support and the just said look at the description... i found out that it doesn’t daisy chain through a YouTube video of their rep talking at the ata show..

As suspected. Holding back basic technical data (which has to ship with each unit according to FFC rules) lets them put whatever marketing spin they want with little pushback. I avoid companies that do this kind of stuff. Covert used some real deceptive techniques in their early days posing on forums as end users. They got caught doing that and took a bit reputation hit. I can't say I'm surprised.

I find daisy chaining cameras a very important feature in the 900 mhz spectrum. Since we don't have technical data on this Covert, who knows how how important particular features are.

I think LORA is in the 900mhz band in the U,S. just like the other private network systems. If so, it will be limited by the same FCC restrictions and suffer from the same environmental factors as the other systems.

Thanks,

Jack

Last edited:
I haven't messed with cell cams yet, one day but my life is busy enough without text messages from wildlife. I've used Covert for a long time and never had an issue that wasn't immediately handled by them. I leave cameras out all year and get 4+ years out of them. Not bad for a relatively inexpensive digital item left in the elements 365.

I haven't messed with cell cams yet, one day but my life is busy enough without text messages from wildlife. I've used Covert for a long time and never had an issue that wasn't immediately handled by them. I leave cameras out all year and get 4+ years out of them. Not bad for a relatively inexpensive digital item left in the elements 365.

Yes, as expected, the cheap Chinese cams are improving QC to some degree over time.

Yes, as expected, the cheap Chinese cams are improving QC to some degree over time.

They’re all cheap Chinese cams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t understand the hate. I have ran cams since the 80’s when they first came out. I will tell you in the last 5 years Coverts been great. The first couple years they had water troubles, but CS took care of them. Un deserved bad rap in my opinion.

I don’t understand the hate. I have ran cams since the 80’s when they first came out. I will tell you in the last 5 years Coverts been great. The first couple years they had water troubles, but CS took care of them. Un deserved bad rap in my opinion.

I agree, I used quite a few over the years and none of the mid price cameras have been as reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No hate here. Just a company with a history of deceptive marketing practices. I don't know what they are doing lately. Historically their cams have been no better or worse than the other cams in that class. My only point is that when a company has a history like this, claims should be looked at with an even more skeptical eye. If they are truly around 915 mhz like I believe, they will have the same limitations as the the other private wireless networks on the market.

Don't confuse critique with hate. The more competition in the market place the better for us consumers.

Thanks,

Jack