couple bear /cub pic's

MRBB

5 year old buck +
OK so about week or so ago, I had a bear show up here with two cubs,( get a LOT of bears here and know this one well, she is a 3 yr old and first time with cubs of her own)
I watched her carrying one in her mouth and all the while the poor cub was swing back and forth wild like, as was holding it oddly and the thing was swinging crazy like, I watched her go in woods behind my yard for a few minutes and then came out with just the one cub, I didn't have camera handy, but would have loved to captured that,
but she has been back many times since, still carry's this one off and on, seen her carrying it by its face, its nose, a ear, a leg , and she just doesn';t seem to know how to carry it when she wants too, the poor cub, runs up a tree every time she drops it, and then when she calls it down, it winces when she goes to grab it, or just runs back up the tree to get away, I gather its sore from being man handled by mom! LOL
this poor cub(a male) is either going to also get killed by mom, or grow up to be one tuff bugger LOL
any how, I keep a kiddie poll in my yard for critters, have food plow down back and countless tings come up for a drink, or like today, a soak in the pool, wasn';t fast enough to get bears in pool on camera, but you can see there all wet
also keep water dish there too, as pool gets pretty dirty, have to rinse out every other day, so always try to keep clean water there ?
makes for fun sits on the deck watching things play in pools, from cubs, to baby coons to fawns, they all seem to like the pools
bears DO break them about once a yr, I buy them after summer at close out's at wally world or dollar stores for like .50 cents each, buy 5-10 at a time and keep a few on hand , as a bear some times doesn't fit and squashes the sides and they then crack and leak, but there simple things have to see cool things!!
and that is a OLD apple tree there in/standing next too, that poor tree is so clawed marked up its not funny, one of many in the yard, 50+ yr old tree's are tuff tyree's! LOL

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    760.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    756.5 KB · Views: 49
Need some videos too

HAHA, thanks, but never really do video's, all my trail cam's are set on photo only!
as if I did video's I'd have no clue how to share , as I don't do Youtube or like sites and no real desire to start now!,
so pic's will just be all I can share, sorry guy's!

but she did some back again just now and I got her just as she walked out and back down the yard again!

had I not maybe went on deck,. she would have laid down in it I think, her cub is NOT with her this time, down back up a tree, as I can see it, just came up for a dip/drink and left the little guy down back!

Attachments

• 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    383.4 KB · Views: 23
and if anyone wants to see the apples this tree on good yrs makes, here is a pic from the last GOOD yr(too many last frosts and freezes have been hard on apples here)
them apples on the ground are all from this tree, its a OLD red delicious , I rake them in piles and let the critters clean them up after I get my fill on what I can eat and use!
and as I said, I get a LOT of bears here, they lay on my deck all the time watching eat other eat, I swear they play KICK of the caslte like, taking turns on deck, , best they can get on deck are some bird seed droppings from feeders hanging above OUT of there reach, so, its more about just being BOSS of the deck up off the ground
and NO, I have never had any BEAR damage in all my decades here like this with them here ALL the time!
we seem to live rather well together, they do there thing, I do mine
apple tree's DON"T even get damaged minus claw marks in bark, but doesn;t seem to harm tree's there all pretty OLD apple tree's! now, but even when they were small and planted, they never bothered them! long before the days of food plots too!

you can see same apple tree in background! and THINK there were 9 of them there that day while I was taking pic;'s

Attachments

• bears and apples 004.jpg
    bears and apples 004.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 27
  • bears and apples 001.jpg
    bears and apples 001.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 26
Cute little bugger - great pics. Personally, I'm not so keen on having the adults close to the house, but it's your house... your rules.

got some pic's of her carrying the cub if anyone cares top see

Attachments

• 227.JPG
    227.JPG
    468.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 289.JPG
    289.JPG
    446.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 318.JPG
    318.JPG
    467.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 325.JPG
    325.JPG
    246.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 038.JPG
    038.JPG
    250.3 KB · Views: 27
Those are great pics. I got a pic last week of a sow with the cub on her back.

Attachments

• D03A809C-D218-422D-801D-EA3866605BF8.jpeg
    D03A809C-D218-422D-801D-EA3866605BF8.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 5C5519D4-A3A8-4E57-B945-64BD77A67014.jpeg
    5C5519D4-A3A8-4E57-B945-64BD77A67014.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 27
that's cool, I seen this cub TRY to do that a bunch of times and she just shakes him off after he gets on back ,LOL

well cool pic above, always amazing to me to see how small cubs are and then what they can grow up to be!

here is a female with cub, and then the next 2 pic's are her mother, so like 3 gens of the family,
the female that GETS the feeder down, is the ONLY bear here I have that ever figured out that feeder
she is 14 yrs old or so, and well, as of day after these pic's taken, was trapped and tagged, weighted and relocated 80 miles away, so, now the game is on to see how long it takes for her to make it back

but how she defeats the feeder
she gets up on deck, stands on rail part way, grabs rope in mouth, jumps off deck, holding rope, and then walks her way down to feeder
its a suet feeder, nothing special, I make them myself for a few penny's
and when she got this one, there wasn't even anything in it, haven't put one in it in a few week's or more since temps warmed up!

so a lot of work for nothing LOL
but I average about 20 different bears here every yr, and to date she was the ONLY bear to ever figure out how to get to a feeder on one of my pulley systems, as most all things are about 9-12 ft off the ground far from any tree or post
most just stand under them and WISH they were taller LOL
but she's been a very smart bear, dodging traps, hunters and vehicles so long!

seen her raise 4 sets of cubs and will be mating this yr, she actually kicked out her last set of cubs 2 days before she got trapped and relocated, and then a week later they caught one of her cubs(also moved to same place she is, doubt he will make it back)

second to last pic, you can see she isn;t all that happy with getting to feeder for nothing LOL
and if anyone wishes to guess on her weight, I can tell you, as again,
she was just tagged and weighted

and last pic' is of the single female, that was trapped,, is her Female cub, still waling about the area!
she was a tad smaller than her brother, he was trapped so I know his weight, so can give a pretty darn close weight of this bear too if anyone wants to guess!

so bears are a Mother, 2daughter's from 2 yrs apart, and a grand son!(small cub is a male) , for the family tree of these 4! LOL
I'm rather lucky to live where I do and get to see things grow and age over the decades!

Attachments

• 080.JPG
    080.JPG
    443.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 083.JPG
    083.JPG
    444.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 084.JPG
    084.JPG
    446.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 085.JPG
    085.JPG