Cool sighting

Knehrke

5 year old buck +
I don't know whether this is a good omen or not. As I was finishing woods work yesterday, setting a chair into a platform blind, I caught a glimpse of bone out the window. I turned to see a really nice buck make his way through an open goldenrod field 25 yards away and into some pines. My fat fingers fumbled the phone and I failed to get a photo (say that one three times fast, lol). This was around 3:30 in the afternoon. But later that evening I had this photo come through on my cell cam. It's definitely the same deer that I saw though, and the cell cam is only ~150 yards from where I sighted him. He looks like he has some sort of old injury IMHO.

1600684548856.png

That looks like it could be the classic high hit from an alert deer that ducked the arrow.

Or it could be where he has scratched his hair off with an antler. I often see bald spots on deer with antlers large enough to use them as a back scratch.

Nice buck, it looks like he's been lucky so far. Let's hope he does not change his pattern before you score from your blind. Lol... and let's hope you operate your bow better than you did with your cell phone! Good luck.

If he keeps up on this pattern, I have a buddy's kid who I might put in that blind during the first week.