Converting a Clover Field to Switchgrass

Barker

A good 3 year old buck
I have an old clover field that I want to change over to switchgrass next year. The plan is to brush hog it low now and get a couple good sprayings in (Gly, 2-4D) going into fall. I would then frost seed the switch during winter and spray Simazine and Gly again early spring. This will be in central OH. What do those of you who have had experience killing off standing vegetation prior to frost seeding switchgrass think?

Never planted switch into old clover but I wouldn't want to completely kill the clover. If it were me I'd "with sadness" spray gly late summer then simazine in the spring. I'd hope some of the clover bounced back but not the unwanted grass. I have done the reverse and I have a clover patch that was previously switch and I can't seem to get rid of the switch. Really don't try to because the deer seem to like eating clover in between the switch clumps.

And I've seeded clover in the spring over frost seeded switch. think bed and breakfast. But if you really want a solid stand of switch nuke it...