All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Choosing a stand for high temps

Peeps

5 year old buck +
Im going to be up at my place this weekend with the family. Bow season is open here and the forecasted high at my place for Saturday is 88. I thought it would be best to park my rump next to a water hole. So I'm going to sit on the beach of a local lake and watch the "does" walk past while also keeping an eye on my cooler. Also maybe kayak with my kids. I think it will be a successful sit.

Life isn't all about deer hunting..... Enjoy your weekend..... 88 in WI isn't going to last very long so you better take advantage while you can!!!!

Pa season opened last weekend and it runs until January. We're having temps in the mid to upper 80s. It's crazy to open the season this early IMO. I'll bet a lot of shot deer spoil.
This is fishing/chore/and family time type weather. Leave the deer undisturbed for the next month, then surprise them out of your fresh and not worn out stands. Early season is buck education season.

Im going to be up at my place this weekend with the family. Bow season is open here and the forecasted high at my place for Saturday is 88. I thought it would be best to park my rump next to a water hole. So I'm going to sit on the beach of a local lake and watch the "does" walk past while also keeping an eye on my cooler. Also maybe kayak with my kids. I think it will be a successful sit.

Get some some yard work done, grill out with the family, drink some beer with friends fall asleep on a lawn chair ... if your not movin in the heat, why would a deer?