All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chesnuts for sale.

buckvelvet

5 year old buck +
Will anyone here have and varieties of chesnut seedlings they'd like to sell? I know some of you folks grow em from nut and I don't have any on my property and would like to add some.

You can buy 50 one year old Chinese seedlings for $75 at the link below, and I've heard that is you call and ask they will sell 25 for $45, but not sure.

http://dof.virginia.gov/print/seedling/Seedling-Price-Guide.pdf
My problem is, 1 I'd like diversity so I wouldn't want all the same kind necessarily and 2 my property is quote small, I wouldn't be able to plant near that many. Like 10 tops...

I'd check with turkey creek on here or another option is
Wildlife group or burnt ridge nursery. Burnt ridge has a ton of variety if that's what your looking for. If I was only planting a handful I would prolly just bite the bullet an buy some 3 year old dunstans from Wally world

I'd check with turkey creek on here or another option is
Wildlife group or burnt ridge nursery. Burnt ridge has a ton of variety if that's what your looking for. If I was only planting a handful I would prolly just bite the bullet an buy some 3 year old dunstans from Wally world

Walmart in my areas don't carry that realtree line of trees that some of you southern folks are luck enough to have access too.

Agreed ^^^ never seen a chestnut or any other tree from Realtree or any other "wildlife" related nursery at any Wal-Mart's in Western WI.

PM sent. I'll have a couple varieties that I'm growing from seed I can hook you up with in the spring, or have extra germinated Dunstan nuts if you want to grow your own.

PM sent. I'll have a couple varieties that I'm growing from seed I can hook you up with in the spring, or have extra germinated Dunstan nuts if you want to grow your own.
Their you go! Another example of how great a networking tool this forum is. Very cool of you to offer that up bigeight!

I am growing Alleghany chinkapins, Chinese chestnut, and wildlife hybrids from Empire from seed this winter. Just put them into soil about a week ago. I'll likely end up with may more than I can afford to cage so will be willing to part with some. I'm in metro Detroit.

I have 1 year old Dunstans and seeds. I also have 2 year olds but they are 8' and can't ship due to cost.

Check out the Wexford County Conservation tree sale. They have seedlings from the stand over in Missaukee.

Check out the Wexford County Conservation tree sale. They have seedlings from the stand over in Missaukee.

My county (mason) has AM chesnut but all it says is they are blight susceptible. No....... :)