Changes Coming for Missouri!

M

MoBuckChaser

deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
It was 2 and u still have that many mature bucks.????

I think i feel ill

Thanks for the link. I just watched the whole thing.

Good news on one buck with a bow. I have a self imposed 1 buck all seasons on my place. Heck many years I don't get 1.
Though I do have a loop hole, if it's buck McNasty you can kill him second.

A few more changes in store if the MDC recommendations are all accepted.

3 day doe season instead of 11.
9 day buck season instead of 11.
The coon hunters will like that since there are always coon hunter/deer hunter conflicts during those 22 days of deer gun seasons.

Xbows are on the table. (Some hate the idea, I don't see the big deal)

And an extra day of youth hunting the Friday after turkey day since the kids are off school. My sons going to be pissed on that one since he no longer qualifies :).

All pretty sound management in my opinion since we are at or below target numbers of deer population.

I would have liked to see the firearms portion pushed out of the rut but, public opinion was against it. Oh well can't win them all. I'll have to adopt Jordan's non selfish thoughts on that.

All in all I'm happy with the recommendations, makes me feel bad for you MN guys though. I feel like we're rubbing MDC salt in your wounds.

Last edited:
I find everything is correct for good deer management. Proactive in MO, Reactive in MN. Why?

I heard a rumor that Leslie McIntley is gonna take a position with the MODNR as some kinda deer CZAR? Any truth in that rumor MO?

And I heard a rumor you were going to sing along side Katie Perry at the Superbowl halftime show dressed as Freddy Mercury.........

One would hope neither are true.....

Foggy can sing? I know he could pull off the 'Mercury Experience' but I did not know he could sing!

freddie+mercury.jpg

Attachments

• freddie+mercury.jpg
    freddie+mercury.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, if Batman, MO, STU and Art get into their costumes too......we could all sing.
th-4.jpeg

So what are Drury's gonna do now that they can't shoot dozens of bucks? ;)

One buck limit for bow? Do they allow another one with gun?

Looks like they will need to become Iowa residents so they get more than one Iowa tag to make up for the loss.

Excuse me for being an idiot...Did I read that right Mo?!? 2 bucks with a bow and 1 with a gun/ hunter?

Yep that's the current law. Going to 1 and 1 for the 2016-17 season.

Most of us don't kill 3 now. Your second archery buck has to be after rifle season and the old boys get pretty skittish by then.

Mo--Ok so one deer with bow and one deer with gun in 2016, and antler point restrictions in northern counties?

Are there any stats on how many people shot two deer with archery to give you an idea on what the real impact of this will be?

Thanks for the link. I just watched the whole thing.

Good news on one buck with a bow. I have a self imposed 1 buck all seasons on my place. Heck many years I don't get 1.
Though I do have a loop hole, if it's buck McNasty you can kill him second.

A few more changes in store if the MDC recommendations are all accepted.

3 day doe season instead of 11.
9 day buck season instead of 11.
The coon hunters will like that since there are always coon hunter/deer hunter conflicts during those 22 days of deer gun seasons.

Xbows are on the table. (Some hate the idea, I don't see the big deal)

And an extra day of youth hunting the Friday after turkey day since the kids are off school. My sons going to be pissed on that one since he no longer qualifies :).

All pretty sound management in my opinion since we are at or below target numbers of deer population.

I would have liked to see the firearms portion pushed out of the rut but, public opinion was against it. Oh well can't win them all. I'll have to adopt Jordan's non selfish thoughts on that.

All in all I'm happy with the recommendations, makes me feel bad for you MN guys though. I feel like we're rubbing MDC salt in your wounds.

Sounds like some good common sense management if you can get that rifle season pushed a week into the future Missouri would be perfect in my book...

Oklahoma is a 2 buck state and our rifle season is a week behind yours in missouri so that helps but we have a 16 day rifle either sex season and then a 10 day doe only rifle season and a 9 day either sex muzzleloader season. I wish we would incorporate some of the rules proposed for missouri...

Not that skittish! Here is one of my last videos for the year. 130 deer in one field at one time. And I think there was 28 bucks out there at one time. This is what MDC partnered with local landowners can do, that mn can not.

You don't have my neighbors. Deer run at the sound of a vehicle after rifle season.

Yes, most of the northern county's except the 2 CWD county's of Adair and Macon I think? Maybe Bill knows for sure.

Currently the counties in darker brown have a 4 point on one side APR. they are talking about expanding that further.

The hole in the middle is the CWD zone where APR's once existed but where dropped.

Personally I don't think dropping the APR will do much. Large blocks of private land are managed and letting little bucks walk is pretty engrained in those areas.

96DBA3FC-0C62-4EA0-9784-D2FE7246A23C.jpg

Currently the counties in darker brown have a 4 point on one side APR. they are talking about expanding that further.

The hole in the middle is the CWD zone where APR's once existed but where dropped.

Personally I don't think dropping the APR will do much. Large blocks of private land are managed and letting little bucks walk is pretty engrained in those areas.

96DBA3FC-0C62-4EA0-9784-D2FE7246A23C.jpg
I hope it expands just one county south!