Chainsaw pants

Tap

5 year old buck +
Any recommendations for pants, or bibs? No chaps please.
I'm really starting to dislike my chaps so I thought I would shop for pants. Then, while browsing the internet, I saw some bib style saw pants and thought they would be comfy. Any thoughts?
Thanks.

Didn't know they made them,I think I like the chaps better than I would like pants as I take them off when not cutting and they can get hot.

Didn't know they made them,I think I like the chaps better than I would like pants as I take them off when not cutting and they can get hot.
I guess I should have been more specific about my chaps. They are apron style and I don't like that they are not wrap around. The open back gets caught on stuff and stuff gets caught on it.
And the waist strap doesn't keep the chaps in place.
I do most of my cutting in cooler weather. I seldom cut in the summer unless I need to remove a downed tree or something like that.

Pflanner or Clogger are what a lot of the pros use, expensive but they'll last a long time for most us weekend warriors. Woodland Pro from Baileys is probably a good compromise on cost / quality.

Reactions: Tap
If you are ok with a good pair of chaps, I bought these, and they are easy on, and easy off, and are comfortable to wear. Plus they are made in the US, and I always try to buy stuff made in the US, and I always try to avoid buying anything made in China.

Last edited:
If you are ok with a good pair of chaps, I bought these, and they are easy on, and easy off, and are comfortable to wear. Plus they are made in the US, and I always try to buy stuff made in the US, and I always try to avoid buying anything made in China.

I have these also and have never had any issues you mentioned. They work very well in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sithl and husquvarna both make chainsaw pant. I believe the linecrew at my company wear the husky ones. I would be a bit surprised if the average stihl dealer has them on the shelves. Might have to find a logging supply company. Forstner I believe used to have them too, there was a logging supply company by one of my work sites that had them in there maybe 6 or 7 years back. They relocated a bit north and never went there since though. Here's the stihl ones. Im hooked on my MS261, so im a stihl guy.... I do get the occasional nusiance with my chaps, but only cut wood for trail and food plot maintenance, no home heating much anymore besides the camp gang doing 2 or 3 cords firewood weekend.

Reactions: Tap