Cab tractor with buddy seat 65+

Buckhunter10

5 year old buck +
Hey all -

For years I have been planning on upgrading to the Kubota M4 73hp with full cab - planting 20+ acres a year and having a little boy, I wanted to take advantage of the buddy seat offering as well. I have owned Kubota for years and my dealer is AWESOME!

Well - I recently talked to them and Kubota has increased the price from near 50K to 67k. I know inflation is a major issue, but I just cant justify this type of price. I have other dealers within 1 to 1.5 hours and I am fine with needing to schedule service pickup.

I am just wondering if anyone has suggestions for something similar. Near me, I have Mahindra, JD, New Holland, etc.

Prices are up across the board and we may not see them come back down.

Prices are up across the board and we may not see them come back down.

Yes that is true, inflation is a son of a gun! However, a 30% increase in price is a bit dramatic and I don't suspect that every tractor company increased pricing that much. Although, that is what I am here to find out and contact some new ones!!

The tractor you want to trade in has gone up in value also. Have you put a pen to paper and figure out if it'll actually cost you more out of pocket. If the new is up 30% and you get a good price on your trade in, is it really much of a difference?

Can you just add a buddy seat to the one you have now?

Good questions the tractor trade-in is a joke! I will do better selling it outright- which is fine. However, used tractors arent seeing the price increases at the same rate inflation is hitting the production of new machines. That is somewhat of the issue with inflation, new stuff is outside people's price points while their used items are not the same distance in cost difference to the cost of what it once was between used and new.

An example is a home, a lot of people could make a killing on their home right now, but they would have nowhere to go because the cost of a new home is so astronomical, that it doesn't matter.

Cant add a buddy seat to an open station. Ill just keep shopping around. I am not in a big hurry.

NH< Case, and about any other name brand tractor have enclosed cabs and optional buddy seat models
best advice might be to go visit your nearest dealers of brands you like or trust willing to own and talk to them
maybe you can get a deal on a left over, or a lightly used tractor

here is a used workforce 75 for sale 360 hrs<
buddy seat

but like I said, there are many brands that have 70+ hp tractors with buddy seats and enclosed cab's, most are options, over standard seating, but if your buying new?? they can be added pretty easy, and if used, there are many out there too, here is an example,
not near you, but shipping can happen, I got many things shipped over the yrs all have been good deals for me so far!

Buckhunter - Bite the bullet and go with the cab tractor you want. I went 10 yrs with open station Kubota M4800. Was on waiting list for a new Kubota cab in the 90 HP range. Found a 2016 JD 5385 cab tractor I picked up in December for just under half what the Kubota was gonna cost me. Has the buddy seat. I mowed 15 acres this past Friday. Holy Cow!!! You will wonder why you didn't go cab earlier. No dust and a comfy 73 degrees inside the cab. Not sure they make a bad tractor these days regardless of brand. I haven't put my grandson in the buddy seat yet but know he will like it when I do. #lovemycabtractor!

here is a used workforce 75 for sale 360 hrs<
buddy seat

but like I said, there are many brands that have 70+ hp tractors with buddy seats and enclosed cab's, most are options, over standard seating, but if your buying new?? they can be added pretty easy, and if used, there are many out there too, here is an example,
not near you, but shipping can happen, I got many things shipped over the yrs all have been good deals for me so far!

Thank you! I spent a lot of time on the tractor house today and I agree with you. I am going to research more and call some dealers as well.

Buckhunter - Bite the bullet and go with the cab tractor you want. I went 10 yrs with open station Kubota M4800. Was on waiting list for a new Kubota cab in the 90 HP range. Found a 2016 JD 5385 cab tractor I picked up in December for just under half what the Kubota was gonna cost me. Has the buddy seat. I mowed 15 acres this past Friday. Holy Cow!!! You will wonder why you didn't go cab earlier. No dust and a comfy 73 degrees inside the cab. Not sure they make a bad tractor these days regardless of brand. I haven't put my grandson in the buddy seat yet but know he will like it when I do. #lovemycabtractor!

I agree, we planted this weekend and it was 85+ degrees. Our terrain is a son of a gun as well. We get hot in the summer and wintertime can be below zero. I don't plan to do a ton of wintertime work with the tractor but I am certain I will do some from time to time. Spreading lime at that time of year would be nice in a heated cab!

Thank you! I spent a lot of time on the tractor house today and I agree with you. I am going to research more and call some dealers as well.
when you talk to dealers ask about if they have any demos, some times they have tractors they used for demo's and have a decent discount on them
and that also means you too can demo one if they believe your serious about buying, this way you can try out a few brands
and up's the odds you will find one that you really like!
this works great when you have a multi brand dealer, but you can still demo things at most dealers when your getting into larger tractors!
worth doing when spending a bunch of $$$

Seems to me their are quite a few low hours great tractors available if your willing to look a bit. I think many people either mis-buy, solve a short term need, can't afford it, or want more power, etc. A little shopping on places like Tractor House, Machine Finder or Pete's should locate a few candidates. New is nice.....but letting someone else take the shine off the paint can save some money. I doubt any food plotter will wear out one of these machines any time soon.

keep in mind also a lot of farmers(not ALL) get government grants giving them fund to spend on equipment, and they more or less HAVE to buy things to keep getting the grants
so they many times BUY things they don;t really need or have a use for, just top spend the funding!
I knew a few tractor dealers that had several customers that every yr bought things JUST to spend the money, and didn;t use things much
and would many times hold onto low hour items till they needed a bigger item and then trade things in!
the government works in funny ways and spends money even stranger!
so there are a lot of reasons why many used tractors can be had with low hours, and most low hour machines can have warranties on them or added if wanted!

A word of advice is, if your looking at used machines, do a little back checking on where the tractor is at , was at(if possible) and then do a little back searching on the area's

as a lot of floods have been happening, and flood damages, are hard to see many times once cleaned up, on the exterior< NOT so easy to see damages on inside of things, like motor, and rear ends and so on!
SO that is always a possible concern /worry IMO< when buying things that lived or were used n area's known for flooding ? maybe something to keep in mind,
as flooded things have a way of ending up for sale! and can have LOW hours,
MOST dealers can tell where a VIN was issued when new, helping avoid the shady sellers who buy and then move them to far away places to try and sell!
Had a few friends that got burned buying trucks that were in floods down bought at auctions cheap, brought up north and sold to them!
so a little heads up on things, as sadly not all sellers are so honest!

Yes that is true, inflation is a son of a gun! However, a 30% increase in price is a bit dramatic and I don't suspect that every tractor company increased pricing that much. Although, that is what I am here to find out and contact some new ones!!

Not so dramatic as steel prices have gone up by over 300% since May 2020. They have gone up 65% in last 5 months. Steel is steel so all tractor companies are dealing with same issue.

Kubota now offers 7 year financing with no interest or pre-pymt penalty. Pretty good deal.

Remember the #1 rule in buying a tractor ... buy at least 10 hp more than you think you need :emoji_wink:

Well, I decided to go with the CASE 75A
Full cab
75hp
great PTO lifting
Great reviews
brand new, competitive pricing.

I should have it come Nov. Really excited to add this tractor to the arsenal.

well congrats on a new addition top the family, I have owned many Case made machines over the yrs and they all served me well and ran great !
be looking forward to some pic's when you get it!

well congrats on a new addition top the family, I have owned many Case made machines over the yrs and they all served me well and ran great !
be looking forward to some pic's when you get it!

Thank you. When comparing specs and pricing it’s really hard to beat Case. Heavier, way better pto lifting, all bells and whistles and about 20% less! Just really excited for this and for enjoying the farm with my boy next year as he rides with me in the cab.

Last edited:
Congratulations on the new Case tractor. Should be idea for your place. Keep up the great work...

Congratulations on the new Case tractor. Should be idea for your place. Keep up the great work...

Thank you sir!! I believe my son and I will have many hours enjoying that cab together!!