Butyrac 200 and Clethodim

BobinCt

5 year old buck +
When spraying these in plot, how many days apart should I wait for each. Normally I just mowed, but trying these herbicides this year . My plots are clover, alfalfa, chicory and the other just clover. I know the Butyrac can’t be sprayed on the chicory . Any input would be great. I did purchase surfactant as well.

I don't use surfactant as I've noticed it burns my clover. Paul Knox recomended a good squirt of Dawn dish detergent in place of it. That's been my go to ever since, but some guys swear it lessons the kill. Also controversial to some I mix both Butyrac and Cleth in the same tank and spray all at once.

I may not get the most optimum kill but I've never scorched the earth either...

Thx, Bill. I just realized I posted in the wrong section

I didn't even realize that. Just moved it for you.

Thx Bill

2-4-db can be sprayed on chicory. 2-4-d can not be sprayed on chicory.

I will spray them the same day. If I’m in a hurry, I will tank mix them. Have heard it lessens the effectiveness of Cleth but not sure I have ever noticed it.

I obviously didn’t either .

"BUTYRAC 200 IS NOT SAFE ON CHICORY, RADISHES, SUGAR BEETS OR TURNIPS!!"

I thought if you tank mixed 2-4db and cleth you would be left with a god awful mess in your tank and filters?

Anybody mix that with borax soap? I have sprayed gly with borax to get the boron levels up for clover / turnips. Never used butyrac, used clethodim last year.

"BUTYRAC 200 IS NOT SAFE ON CHICORY, RADISHES, SUGAR BEETS OR TURNIPS!!"
Now you have me wondering and second guessing myself. I read through the label and don’t see it listed but was sure that was the case.

I just sprayed some a week ago. I can definitely let y’all know the next time I’m at that plot. Lol

I obviously didn’t either .

You are correct and I am wrong. Please accept my sincere apologies and this cold beer.

No prob Night. We all been wrong before

If chicory or any other broadleaf is well established, it's quite possible that it could survive a dose of 2-4DB. I've found that you need to spray broadleaf weeds when very young, like 2" or less to get a decent kill.

I tank mixed Cleth, crop oil and 2-4,-DB together to treat an alfalfa/clover mix. Worked great - no issues.

D8A09011-ABF4-47FF-9A08-61F399D59F6A.jpeg