Button Bush

fishin coyote

5 year old buck +
I was wondering if anyone ever planted button bush as seedlings and if so how long did it tak them to get leaves. I ordered button bushes and wild plums from the MDC nursery and planted them about 3-3 1/2 weeks ago and none of the 25+ buttons have leafed out yet. They had really nice roots on them and as of today they’re still real flexible like they’re still alive but nothing not a leaf or bud on them. The plums started leafing out about 2 weeks ago. These are in NW Pa. about 25 miles south of Lake Erie

They are always one of my last to leaf out, you should be fine

Later to leaf out and easy to grow from cuttings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, very late to leaf out... but that didn't save them from the hard frost we got here a few days ago!

I've got a lot of them, late budding. Keep an eye on them down the road, they can start to spread pretty fast.

Later to leaf out and easy to grow from cuttings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I planted them as cuttings for a road screen before going the miscanthus route. Tough suckers once they take. They got hit with atrazine and gly before planting miscanthus. Their still alive years later.

After 4.5 weeks it looks like all but one have started to leaf out p, now if it would just rain