Bulldozer

OkieKubota

5 year old buck +
Been a while since I have been here on the forum...

I decided here in my mid 50’s to reinvent myself and get out of the office/management mode I have been in since 1997 so I saved up a few bucks and told them “so long”. My wife had been begging me to do this for some time and she knew it was a dream of mine to work outdoors. I had my job but also during summers I would use my tractor commercially brushhogging. Many times when I would get on sight to look a property over and would quickly realize that some people had no idea what could and could not be knocked down with a Brushhog. Some of these look overs I would suggest a bulldozer to them and then would try to find someone to help them but most dozer operators are booked out for months here. Some of the work could have been done with a skid steer with a mulcher head but a lot of it couldn’t due to the size of the trees.

262b7467b393dc0d63d21b3b620809d1.jpg

We decided to bite the bullet and take some of my savings and purchase a bulldozer and trailer so I got to looking around and posted on Facebook that I was in the market. I had a lady from Texas contact me to let me know her father sold used bulldozers so the wife and I drove down and found our perfect little dozer...

91dc52b6d5baf016515c4a20a5e94bc7.jpg

I bought the dozer with a 90 day warranty and the company repainted it and delivered it to me at no cost...

81c6389b4083a52f16a3b2ee13c19d49.jpg

I had it delivered to our other property which is about 30 acres and was really grown up with blackberry vines that I want to use the rake on.

51ca620cca256b1ddef3a942538a749b.jpg

7a22add03c96ea4c0fb2a6eddf64833e.jpg

I still needed a trailer and a cousin of mine sent me a link to this one...

78e40df5b2ac106f6894e1b8ba307eb8.jpg

Dozer fits it perfectly and with 3 axles I can adjust how much weight is on the truck.

0695bff90c8817c778ca6964462a49dc.jpg

I then started on a project we have always dreamed of...a large fish pond. Of course the issue the area was almost completely wooded so I am currently working on clearing the land with the dozer.

b03dfa98ad8ecab38eaf8bb58caee587.jpg

0aecf4b1cf490ae6eec4da339602f5aa.jpg

This is the area after a lot of clearing...

758e26da9a056f99d3185d5521ba3b7a.jpg

Should be about a 2 acre pond...

If anyone wants a machine that will totally transform your land in a short period of time then this is it. I can hardly wait to start using it commercially!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are fun to run. I've done a little, myself. I'm the kind of operator you wouldn't want to pay good money for, the guy in the seat makes a huge difference.

Looks like fun sure beats working a real job

:emoji_thumbsup: Sounds like you are living the dream - Congrats!

Nice rig! Those lil dozers sure are handy! Good luck with your business!

Man, congrats to you! That looks like all day fun to me.

VV

Awesome pics, nice improvements!

Looking at some of those trees that you are pushing over and thinking they would make decent firewood. Are you letting any kids come out and cut them up? Might make ya hand full of dollars or some good neighbor relations.

How's the pond going? I would be in there every minute possible, a new dozer is exciting!

Been a while since I have been here on the forum...

I decided here in my mid 50’s to reinvent myself and get out of the office/management mode I have been in since 1997 so I saved up a few bucks and told them “so long”. My wife had been begging me to do this for some time and she knew it was a dream of mine to work outdoors. I had my job but also during summers I would use my tractor commercially brushhogging. Many times when I would get on sight to look a property over and would quickly realize that some people had no idea what could and could not be knocked down with a Brushhog. Some of these look overs I would suggest a bulldozer to them and then would try to find someone to help them but most dozer operators are booked out for months here. Some of the work could have been done with a skid steer with a mulcher head but a lot of it couldn’t due to the size of the trees.

262b7467b393dc0d63d21b3b620809d1.jpg

We decided to bite the bullet and take some of my savings and purchase a bulldozer and trailer so I got to looking around and posted on Facebook that I was in the market. I had a lady from Texas contact me to let me know her father sold used bulldozers so the wife and I drove down and found our perfect little dozer...

91dc52b6d5baf016515c4a20a5e94bc7.jpg

I bought the dozer with a 90 day warranty and the company repainted it and delivered it to me at no cost...

81c6389b4083a52f16a3b2ee13c19d49.jpg

I had it delivered to our other property which is about 30 acres and was really grown up with blackberry vines that I want to use the rake on.

51ca620cca256b1ddef3a942538a749b.jpg

7a22add03c96ea4c0fb2a6eddf64833e.jpg

I still needed a trailer and a cousin of mine sent me a link to this one...

78e40df5b2ac106f6894e1b8ba307eb8.jpg

Dozer fits it perfectly and with 3 axles I can adjust how much weight is on the truck.

0695bff90c8817c778ca6964462a49dc.jpg

I then started on a project we have always dreamed of...a large fish pond. Of course the issue the area was almost completely wooded so I am currently working on clearing the land with the dozer.

b03dfa98ad8ecab38eaf8bb58caee587.jpg

0aecf4b1cf490ae6eec4da339602f5aa.jpg

This is the area after a lot of clearing...

758e26da9a056f99d3185d5521ba3b7a.jpg

Should be about a 2 acre pond...

If anyone wants a machine that will totally transform your land in a short period of time then this is it. I can hardly wait to start using it commercially!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congratulations. A tractor and skid steer can get work done. A bulldozer can create your vision. The root rake was a great investment.

FYI, it doesn’t appear you have the forestry cage on your setup. I didn’t have a full forestry setup either on my uncles John Deere 450c I used for a summer. So, I wore a chest protector for motocross, and forestry pro logging helmet. Ive had a few trees and tops land near me, on me and the dozer, and trees I pushed over come up from behind me when I was backing up. I had a tree come up from between the fuel cell and seat and jam the throttle wide open in reverse. Luckily it missed me but it knocked my hands of the brakes and I got the rig into neutral quickly. The chest protector and helmet and face shield saved my butt many times.

It is some of the funnest work I have ever done. The feeling of accomplishment at the end of a day is inspiring for the next day.

Oh, and I raised the seat a good 6 inches so I could see the bottom of the blade. That helped a ton.

I’m heading towards the excavator route next and can’t wait to get there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk