buckwheat delema

powdefinger

Yearling... With promise
just finished broadcasting on small area to see if it produces seed heads quickly when planted late. it rained hard as I was discing the seed in. cant get on it to cultipack. best to let it go or cultipack prior to germination if possible? not much time given the rapid germination!!!

If you disced it in, I wouldn't worry about it. It should germinate fine with the elevated soil temps this time of year.

that's my inclination too.

If you seeded and disced in BW yesterday you likely have BW plants today. BW will grow without much encouragement. "D"

BW sprouts very easily and fast and grows very fast this time of the year down south, not sure of your location. 60 days until seed, typically.

Never take equipment on your fields when they are too wet. The long-term harm outweighs any short term gain you think you will get. There isn't much benefit to cultipacking in most cases unless buckwheat was surface broadcast without tillage.

Thanks,

Jack

You disced in BW and then it rained? HALLELUJAH! You probably had germination before I got around to posting! :)