Box blind windows

Shad DeBoor

A good 3 year old buck
Thinking about building a couple of 70"x70" box blinds for the farm and thinking about putting a couple vertical windows in them for bow hunting. What do you guys recommend on the height/width of the vertical windows?

Last edited:
This is what I what Im looking to build.

Attachments

• 20170116_161558.jpg
    20170116_161558.jpg
    434.1 KB · Views: 50
I think that is the ultimate setup for the non-octagon build.

My question is though, how does a guy close those windows, or open them, without them hitting each other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I altered some casement windows for one of my blinds. If I had it to do over I would just buy them from deerviewwindows.com

I went with large 4 foot wide, two foot high horizontal sliders (both sides slide) for the blind in the avatar. Gives a beautiful panoramic view with easy bow shooting. I bagged a 150" buck with a bow this year. When the deer start coming out in the field, I have flat black 1/4" plywood panels I can lean against the frame to hide behind.

I went with large 4 foot wide, two foot high horizontal sliders (both sides slide) for the blind in the avatar. Gives a beautiful panoramic view with easy bow shooting. I bagged a 150" buck with a bow this year. When the deer start coming out in the field, I have flat black 1/4" plywood panels I can lean against the frame to hide behind.
Do you have a close up off your blind. Im looking for a good size window I can bow hunt out of. The reason Im building this blind is because my wife would like to go out with me sometimes and I have to try and keep her as comfortable as possible..LOL!

I found another place that does windows,richardson feed,in texas I think was the name.I have been looking at building another blind and picked up 18 sheets of brown metal the other day for half price.I like your idea

I found another place that does windows,richardson feed,in texas I think was the name.I have been looking at building another blind and picked up 18 sheets of brown metal the other day for half price.I like your idea

Just tried to look for the windows on their site but couldn't find them. If you find them on the site can you share it with us?

Sorry,gave you wrong name,banks blinds also sell some
www.dickinsonfeedandsupply.com/catalog.aspx?Merchant=dickinsonfeedsupply

try dickinsonfeedandsupply.com

try dickinsonfeedandsupply.com
Im actually on there now looking around.. Looks like deer view windows might be a bit cheaper but that is just glancing at both sites real quick

I used the deerveiw and they were fine and alot tougher than you would think.I saw on another site someone was having issues getting them so might want to ask about ship time.If you haven't seen them they are a film of flexible very tough material in a frame like a storm window.They hinge on a really simple pin type bracket.They only have a widow frame and have to stop against the wall.I used weather stripping and it helps