Bow Range

fishin coyote

5 year old buck +
Since it was kinda of warm this long weekend I decided to stay in the shade and redo my archery range. I’m primarily a stickbow shooter so I set this range up a couple of years after we moved in. At the time I could shoot out about 30yds but over the last 5 or 6 years I’ve lost some of that to other improvements. That wasn’t really a concern since 90% of the time I was shooting 20 and under but my local archery club is putting in a field course and I want to setup a 60’s Bear Tamerlane for that so I need more room and the bales in the target butt were either shot out or the strings broken and needed replaced anyway.

The original butt
IMG_0960.jpeg

The tear down
IMG_2102.jpeg

Rebuilding with a used conveyor belt to stop arrows from blowing through the bales.IMG_2099.jpeg

Completed
IMG_2101.jpeg

The view from 25 with some fancy yard markers
IMG_2106.jpeg
I can now shoot out to 60 and there is a slight rise in elevation behind the butt so as long as I keep the ferns mowed off I shouldn’t lose any arrows. Oh and I did get some actual habitat work done on the gas line plot one morning before it got too warm.
IMG_2103.jpeg

As I sat in church this morning, our pastor was talking about the need for "Rest" it is too hard to hear the Lord when your life is non-stop 100 mph. Next year I really need to put some focus on getting back to the things like shooting my bow on a more regular basis..... I am missing that "Rest" time a little bit. Glad you took the time to re-do your range.