Bow break in late season style

Howboutthemdawgs

5 year old buck +
Bought the new Mathew’s phase 4 the other day and took her out for a test spin. On a side note, shooting a giant doe by yourself and dragging it out of the woods and into the back of a lifted side by side was maybe the hardest thing physically I’ve ever done! I don’t know what she weighed but she was a slob. I’m shooting a fawn next time
DBC8401F-A388-4DD3-950A-1E0C2A99A572.jpeg

Great harvest with the new bow! Congratulations. The first doe I shot this year was 165# on the hoof...I could not have lifted her into the SxS myself—and was glad I had my tractor—as she ran into the only ravin I have on my property. Glad you got her in by yourself.

Last edited:
Thoughts on the bow? Thinking about retiring my switchback after this next season. She's been a trooper since I bought her new in high school. But age catches up to everything.

Thoughts on the bow? Thinking about retiring my switchback after this next season. She's been a trooper since I bought her new in high school. But age catches up to everything.
Same boat as you. Had been shooting the matthews zx7 for years. Figured what could they possibly do to make a bow that much better. Well one shot in and I realized my bow was outdated! Holy crap it doesn’t move when you shoot it. So smooth. I’m no Levi Morgan so I can take any help a bow can give me and this one has made me a much more accurate shooter. Don’t go shoot one unless you plan on buying something!!

Last edited:
I don't drag anymore either quarter or deer cart.I am waiting on a Hoyt VTM 34 in black to come in.There is also a place that is on one of the podcast that takes trade in bows and sell refurb bows a couple years old