Bird

Mortenson

5 year old buck +
Got a gobbler this morning. An exciting hunt for sure. 9" beard, 1.1875" spurs. Standing on a bathroom scale, weight was varying between 23-25

20200415_090232.jpg20200415_100941.jpg

Congrats!

WOW! Way to go Mort! I went out for our opener today and had the big Tom about 75 yards off when about 30 deer came through and screwed everything up! In the deer season I think I was complaining about turkeys botching the plan. I better watch what i wish for!

Congrats, thats a beauty of a bird!

Thanks guys. Swiffy, that's too bad you came pretty close, but I bet you'll seal the deal on that Tom yet. You're exactly right with how the tides change during our hunting seasons. The very animals we work so hard for become our foes for a short time! It's funny, I was actually awake in the early morn as I usually have a hard time sleeping, and was thinking how it was pretty damn cold out and the snow was coming down pretty hard, when I saw your post on Swiffy's View from Rocky Knoll that you were going out for the opener this morn... well it helped inspire me to get suited up and get out there. Thanks for the assist!

Hell yes! Nice bird, congrats.

I saw your post on Swiffy's View from Rocky Knoll that you were going out for the opener this morn... well it helped inspire me to get suited up and get out there. Thanks for the assist!

It was 21 degrees here this morning when I was on my way in. I was cold! Glad I could help though :)

Your boy holding that bird is a great pic! It’s almost bigger than him.

That’s a great looking Thunder Chicken. Way to make it happen!