Benefits of Horsetail

SD51555

5 year old buck +
Before you think I've completely lost my mind, hear me out...

I've been in a fight with horsetail in my food plot ventures for what seems like almost a decade. I've tried to till it, spray it, outcompete it, etc. Nothing worked. I finally bested it with improved drainage, quitting with the fertilizer, and hitting it with a hot shot of limestone. Now that I've about got it wiped out, I learn it plays an important role in bringing up silica from way down deep and adds it to the top soil for other plants. I even went so far to buy a bottle of horsetail herbal supplements tonight and the snooty falooty store. It's supposedly a really good herb for the overall health of your hair, nails, and skin.

Who'da thunk it? Now I'm gonna be walking around eating the one weed I've been fighting for the past 8 years.

Looks like it will fix whatever is wrong with a person

It is a valuable emergency winter food source here that will get absolutely pounded when the conditions are right. Probably one of the only green foods available.

Whew I thought you were talking about marestail,one of the worst gly resistant weeds of all time

The deer hammer it in our area over the winter months. I did a bunch of research on it a decade ago. One of the things that stuck out to me is that is aids in protein digestion/uptake.

The deer hammer it in our area over the winter months. I did a bunch of research on it a decade ago. One of the things that stuck out to me is that is aids in protein digestion/uptake.
I've never really seen it browsed up by me, but there also isn't much of it around, unless I bring it up from the depths of hell by some excavation project.