Behind the curtain

bueller

John, I apologize in advance for this thread. But since I'm apparently blacklisted (registration not being approved) from another forum where I've been getting bashed I have no other choice than to post it here.

To summarize, we all know the basic history of what has gone down here and on the QDMA forum prior to that so there is no need to get into all that. Admittedly I have taken "jabs" at the MN guys in a humorous and sarcastic, but never personal manner. Most recently on the QDMA forum after the MN vs QDMA fire was reignited, again.
https://www.qdma.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72800

I come to find out that some folks who may or may not have been banned from here, but undoubtly still read here and on QDMA, took exception to what I posted. To the point where I was called a d-bag among other things. Of course all behind the curtain instead of directly to me like any man with a ounce of balls would. And it turns out that this was not the first time, apparently it's been going on for some time. So I responded by informing everyone that reads on QDMA of a little known secret. One of the hard chargers who fueled the MN vs QDMA effort still to this day actively posts on another forum under the name of qdmaguy. And it happens to be the same guy that has the nerve to call me a d-bag because I don't agree with the manner in which they went about things in the past. Yes for those confused, smsmith=qdmaguy.

This all prompted a PM to show up in my inbox from qdmaguy aka smsmith. He was clearly bothered/embarrassed by my post about his multiple personalities. We went back and forth about a few things that have gone down and I offered to relocate our conversation to a public forum where everyone could see. Of course that offer was declined.

It's pretty sad that grown men sit around their little campfire behind the curtain and talk smack about others behind their backs when there are multiple venues available for them to do so directly to the individual(s). Fact is I don't have an issue with most of the guys from MN. I've enjoyed reading their posts and even learned from them, including smsmith. To my knowledge it's only a few of them that have decided to run their mouths like teenage girls. And their childish behavior of making this personal is what i have an issue with, whether they are from MN or not.

So I attempt to register over in the mudpit behind the curtain to air this out. I know there are some good reasonable guys that left here to follow the kids who took their ball and ran away. Funny that regstrations over there must be approved before you can post or even read. Conveinent that my registration was never approved but the administrator is said to be continuing to actively post in the meantime.

Why are you posting this? Who cares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are you posting this? Who cares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because what is right is right. And forming opinions without knowing all the facts causes misperceptions. How fair is it to sit and bash people yet block them from responding to the bashing? I made attempts to take up this matter with the people involved on the site it is occuring but was prohibited from doing so. That's why it got posted here where everyone knows all these same people still read, just don't contribute.

haha....not surprised.

On that link provided it looks like someone deleted their posts.....again ;):rolleyes:o_O:)

haha....not surprised.

On that link provided it looks like someone deleted their posts.....again ;):rolleyes:o_O:)
Yep, you are right. His posts are once again deleted from a site, but the posts made by others while speaking to him in that thread are still up.

It would be nice if everyone could play in the sandbox nicely and leave it at agreeing to disagree. Seems both forums have lost a good knowledge base over bad behavior.

John, I apologize in advance for this thread. But since I'm apparently blacklisted (registration not being approved) from another forum where I've been getting bashed I have no other choice than to post it here.

To summarize, we all know the basic history of what has gone down here and on the QDMA forum prior to that so there is no need to get into all that. Admittedly I have taken "jabs" at the MN guys in a humorous and sarcastic, but never personal manner. Most recently on the QDMA forum after the MN vs QDMA fire was reignited, again.
https://www.qdma.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72800

I come to find out that some folks who may or may not have been banned from here, but undoubtly still read here and on QDMA, took exception to what I posted. To the point where I was called a d-bag among other things. Of course all behind the curtain instead of directly to me like any man with a ounce of balls would. And it turns out that this was not the first time, apparently it's been going on for some time. So I responded by informing everyone that reads on QDMA of a little known secret. One of the hard chargers who fueled the MN vs QDMA effort still to this day actively posts on another forum under the name of qdmaguy. And it happens to be the same guy that has the nerve to call me a d-bag because I don't agree with the manner in which they went about things in the past. Yes for those confused, smsmith=qdmaguy.

This all prompted a PM to show up in my inbox from qdmaguy aka smsmith. He was clearly bothered/embarrassed by my post about his multiple personalities. We went back and forth about a few things that have gone down and I offered to relocate our conversation to a public forum where everyone could see. Of course that offer was declined.

It's pretty sad that grown men sit around their little campfire behind the curtain and talk smack about others behind their backs when there are multiple venues available for them to do so directly to the individual(s). Fact is I don't have an issue with most of the guys from MN. I've enjoyed reading their posts and even learned from them, including smsmith. To my knowledge it's only a few of them that have decided to run their mouths like teenage girls. And their childish behavior of making this personal is what i have an issue with, whether they are from MN or not.

So I attempt to register over in the mudpit behind the curtain to air this out. I know there are some good reasonable guys that left here to follow the kids who took their ball and ran away. Funny that regstrations over there must be approved before you can post or even read. Conveinent that my registration was never approved but the administrator is said to be continuing to actively post in the meantime.

Bueller ... I wouldn't worry about what people say to you, their comments say more about them than you.

I was very glad to see the MN deer whiners & entitlement club disbanded here ... sounds like it has re-emerged over there.

Funny that you outted smsmith ... I remember him clearly stating he was done with QDMA forever and then deleting all his posts. "qdmaguy" has now disappeared from the QDMA forum once again when I just checked. I wonder what false persona he is on here ... I thought only Rancid Crabtree had the multiple personality gig going :eek:

Bueller ... I wouldn't worry about what people say to you, their comments say more about them than you.
True, especially when they say it about you but not too you.

Funny that you outted smsmith ... I remember him clearly stating he was done with QDMA forever and then deleting all his posts. "qdmaguy" has now disappeared from the QDMA forum once again when I just checked. I wonder what false persona he is on here ... I thought only Rancid Crabtree had the multiple personality gig going :eek:
To be fair I saw him posting on lake-link as qdmaguy, not the QDMA forum. He was banned from lake-link years ago under a different name. Rancid Crabtree, lol. I remember him.

It would be nice if everyone could play in the sandbox nicely and leave it at agreeing to disagree. Seems both forums have lost a good knowledge base over bad behavior.

Yep here's where I'm at. ^ ^
I tried to post at the other place and found it really hard on a mobile device, pics were impossible so I gave up. Maybe it's better now or I didn try hard enough. Bottom line though, everyone lost.

Bueller,
don't sweat it. Without taking sides I do know that if you don't piss someone off in life, you're doing it wrong.

You been up to your place lately bueller? I think I'm going to make it up Saturday morning for a couple hours. Hoping to start pruning my apples and doing a little chainsaw work. Wonder how bad the snow is, we've got nothing here in Madison.
I was up there on there two weeks ago and there was over a foot on the ground in the woods. Enough to where I couldn't drive on my trails. I didn't even walk around at all. I think most of it has since melted or settled to the point where it would be easy enough to get around now. I also have some chainsaw work to do along one of my fencelines before everything greens up.

I'm always surprised at the ability of internet forums to make grown men act like 13 year old girls on Facebook. It's too bad people have to act this way. Sorry you're getting bad-mouthed bueller. I agree with the others...just got to ignore it, move on, and rejoice in all that is good in your life.

Having fun doing the habitat things ?? Outdoor - woods - field work ?? Don't let internet squabbles drag you down !! I'm not taking a side either. I enjoy the habitat work and yacking with guys on here too much to go negative. I'd rather learn, share ideas, & try to help other like-minded guys. Natty nailed it.

bueller, I say this not as an attack, but because I hope it will help, sincerely....who cares?!?!?!? I know you already posted "because right is right," but if you're looking for justice on internet forums you're going to be extremely disappointed. Take it from someone that knows very well. Don't give yourself permission to let it bug you. For just over a year now, every other week D&DH has posted my habitat show on their facebook page, and my hunting show on the weeks between during season. I can tell you in no uncertain terms, I'm NOT everyone's favorite. Though I honestly expected it to be sooooooooo much worse, I've been told more than once how I'm what's wrong with hunting, I'm not a deer hunter because I manage the habitat, everything I have has been handed to me, on and on and on and on, and the ones saying these things know next to nothing at all about me, how I got here or how I hunt. Who cares? They can only bug you if you give them your permission to bug you, period, end of story.

I try to live by the same advice I have given my children numerous times over their life when they believe someone else is being a jerk weasel to them in some way they take personally. Do you love them? Do you respect them? Are they important to your life in some meaningful way? If all the answers are no, they aren't worth wasting emotions/time on or caring what they think. Don't give them permission to make you care what they think, say or do. That's a lesson I had to learn very early in this career and I'm extremely thankful I did, or this stuff will drive you nuts and waste your energies over nothing of any real importance.

As others said, I'm not taking sides either. Merely trying to help.

Steve, I'm not looking for justice nor does any of this bug me to the point where it alters my day one bit. I've been called much worse to my face by people that would make the cowards on the internet forums run like hell. It's not what was said, it's how it was being done in such a manner to leave a guy with no way to respond back. A picture was being painted that was not telling the whole truth so I put it out there. I won't lose any sleep over this BS because I know the truth is out there and I don't have anything to hide. As I said in my first post, I apologize that everybody here even had to be subjected to this crap, but that's on the folks that blocked my attempt to confront the rock throwers in the other side of the fence.

glad to hear it and no worries, bueller. There's no reason to say sorry. The beautiful part of the net is that no one can force anyone else to read anything. If someone is bothered by this thread, it's their own fault for following it.

bueller, I say this not as an attack, but because I hope it will help, sincerely....who cares?!?!?!? I know you already posted "because right is right," but if you're looking for justice on internet forums you're going to be extremely disappointed. Take it from someone that knows very well. Don't give yourself permission to let it bug you. For just over a year now, every other week D&DH has posted my habitat show on their facebook page, and my hunting show on the weeks between during season. I can tell you in no uncertain terms, I'm NOT everyone's favorite. Though I honestly expected it to be sooooooooo much worse, I've been told more than once how I'm what's wrong with hunting, I'm not a deer hunter because I manage the habitat, everything I have has been handed to me, on and on and on and on, and the ones saying these things know next to nothing at all about me, how I got here or how I hunt. Who cares? They can only bug you if you give them your permission to bug you, period, end of story.

I try to live by the same advice I have given my children numerous times over their life when they believe someone else is being a jerk weasel to them in some way they take personally. Do you love them? Do you respect them? Are they important to your life in some meaningful way? If all the answers are no, they aren't worth wasting emotions/time on or caring what they think. Don't give them permission to make you care what they think, say or do. That's a lesson I had to learn very early in this career and I'm extremely thankful I did, or this stuff will drive you nuts and waste your energies over nothing of any real importance.

As others said, I'm not taking sides either. Merely trying to help.

You are a target for criticism Steve as you actually have relevant experience in the subject matter ... :)

Lots of big hat, no cattle types on these forums ...

Misery loves company, I'll fully admit to falling in the trap. It's real easy to do. Life is just too short, and there is a million reasons to be happy.
these forums can be a real nasty place. I love debate, but it's past that. Internet forums aren't the best place for that.... I used to have a passion for really trying to help people. I must not have conveyed that in the best manner, but I just can't kiss people's rear end every single day like Steve does. He's good at it and it's part of his job. I just wish everyone the best!

I would like to thank jim timber about something. He gave me some info on something and I made some good $ on it! A big thank you on that!!!!