Beginner TSI/- Girdling

Girdling is a slow process and more useful on large trees you don’t want to fall on younger trees that you want. A large maple may take years to die and maybe 10 years to be mostly on the ground. Keep in mind girdling causes a dangerous area even for one tree as it dies. I would just drop any smaller trees and then spray the stumps. Or hack and squirt the small stuff. Girdling an entire area is going to create a no people zone for quite a while.

I recently started basal spraying sweetgums with 20% remedy/80% diesel

Gratifyingly quick and effective

bill
Same thing I use on Osage Orange

Girdling an entire area is going to create a no people zone for quite a while.

That's pretty much what I want. The weather helps bring the branches down, so they are not generally dropping at random times in good weather. But I don't want people back in that area anyway.

See this weeks episode of growing deer tv. See what Grant has to say about it. I’ll take his word anyday over the other guy’s that talks doom and gloom about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See this weeks episode of growing deer tv. See what Grant has to say about it. I’ll take his word anyday over the other guy’s that talks doom and gloom about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i got on the youtube page and didn't see it offhand. Do you have a link or the name of the episode?

I recently started basal spraying sweetgums with 20% remedy/80% diesel

Gratifyingly quick and effective

bill
What size trees have you done this on and how fast does it work?

What size trees have you done this on and how fast does it work?
8-10 in diameter and less

Larger than that, i would cut down or girdle

I start to see signs of death within a week

bill