Bees in hole under large mature beautiful red oak.

ethompson

5 year old buck +
I burnt the local fauna around the tree 3 weeks ago unaware of the bees presence. Yesterday while in the area, I saw the bees for the first time. The hole is about a foot wide and the bees are exposed. I won’t be here when the temp drop again, so I need to get of them promto. No fuel of any kind is going in the hole for the trees sake. I was thinking tannerite ? Any ideas from the HT crowd. I’ll take pic and post soon.

Permethrin dust. It’s marketed to kill spiders and ground bees.

It works.

Sevin dust is deadly on bees and readily available everywhere.

Why not contact an intrepid beekeeper to remove them and give them a new home?

bill

Nevermind

Just read they are in a hole in the ground

Are they bumblebees?

bill

Thanks for the reply’s. I think they are ground hornets. I took pic today, but I’ve been burning grass all day just now quit. Very tired will do it it the morning. Will any of the mentioned applications work on hornets?

either permethrin dust or seven dust will work

Glad you've identified them. There are thousands of bee species that nest in the ground. I would only eradicate them if they pose a hazard to you, other family members, or pets.

Permethrin dust. It’s marketed to kill spiders and ground bees.

It works.

^^^^ Agree, it works to kill the whole hive as the bees drag it in when the enter the nest.

This Issa close as I wanted to get. They were pretty active.
1646536033943.jpeg1646535815449.jpeg

Go in after dark and pour a pile of Sevin powder down the hole.

If it wasn’t so expensive now I’d say wait till dark and pour a 1/2 cup of gasoline down the hole and cover with a rock, end of hornets without the lingering insecticide