Bears in my sorghum

ACCMan

5 year old buck +
I planted two disc widths of sorghum on each side of my food plot. I mixed LabLab in with the sorghum and the sorghum is now headed out and the LabLab has climbed up to the heads on the sorghum. Problem is.......bears have found it and really like it. I was going to leave it through the winter but I am considering just broadcasting rye in the sorghum and bush hogging to get rid of the bears. The bears are running off my deer and I need to get rid of the bears. I found a way to get a short reprieve from the bears was to put a radio in the food plot at night. The only station I could tune in was a black christian music station with a preacher screaming hellfire and brimstone.....but it worked. For two weeks the bears were gone but they have made the circuit and returned so its back to the bear blasting with music at night. I had a total of 9 bears. A sow with triplets, another sow with twins and two boars. I think the only permanent remedy is to bush hog the sorghum...no more sorghum for me with these nuisance bears. The problem with the radio is the deer also don't like it. I've got two stands hung on the travel route of the bears and bowseason can't get here soon enough.

The biggest problem with bears is they like most of the same things deer do. I now try to plant less desirable stuff for the bear, winter rye, clover, but they will still lay down and eat it, just nothing like corn, or beans.

I stopped putting molasses in my mineral sites after seeing a BIG bear eating the pile on camera---don't want to see that one in the dark on the way to the blind!

I planted two disc widths of sorghum on each side of my food plot. I mixed LabLab in with the sorghum and the sorghum is now headed out and the LabLab has climbed up to the heads on the sorghum. Problem is.......bears have found it and really like it. I was going to leave it through the winter but I am considering just broadcasting rye in the sorghum and bush hogging to get rid of the bears. The bears are running off my deer and I need to get rid of the bears. I found a way to get a short reprieve from the bears was to put a radio in the food plot at night. The only station I could tune in was a black christian music station with a preacher screaming hellfire and brimstone.....but it worked. For two weeks the bears were gone but they have made the circuit and returned so its back to the bear blasting with music at night. I had a total of 9 bears. A sow with triplets, another sow with twins and two boars. I think the only permanent remedy is to bush hog the sorghum...no more sorghum for me with these nuisance bears. The problem with the radio is the deer also don't like it. I've got two stands hung on the travel route of the bears and bowseason can't get here soon enough.
that is pretty interesting. I definitely have black bear on my property as I get them on trail cameras quite often but have yet to get a food plot pictures of them although I only have the cameras in a couple spots on the plot so they simply may have not come to those parts of the plots. I have clover, rye, and brassica in my plots. I would have thought they would eat the turnips/radishes but maybe not.