ASV 4810

nwmn

5 year old buck +
I know nothing about skid steers. I found one online for what I believe to be a decent deal. It's 100 hp, and has 450 hours on it. I'm only considering this since my dad hires out snow removal in winter, and we've got a few food plot/trail projects on the docket for this summer. We'd like to enhance and add trails and plots as well as create some smaller ponds near plots and a guy I've been in contact with hasn't gotten back to me with availability for his hydro ax. Is this just too much to get into, or does it make sense to save custom work expenses and gain a toy?

Not too serious on it, just saw it on craigslist today and we've always talked about how nice it would be. plus, we don't have a loader on our tractor.

Through my life I've had some experience with equipment of all kinds... the skid steer has been the most universal and the most useful. Like all machines though, the attachments that expand it's capabilities are expensive. If I had to pick one piece of equipment it would be a skid steer, but if you don't "need" one you can hire a lot of work for the 15k-20k that you will spend to get one.