Apple ID

4wanderingeyes

5 year old buck +
I have some yellow apples that are ripe now, and are really sweet. They do have some blight on them, but they taste good. They are rather crisp. My chart was rather vague in the early days, so any help on identifying the apple would be appreciated.Approximatly 2.5”. They are sitting next to some chestnuts. I am in zone 3b

83EFF855-020A-4076-8A0A-5C1D091E5F6B.jpeg

My Honeygold are ripening now, though they get more yellow than what yours are. 4b here.

PXL_20211008_162018230.jpg

I have some yellow apples that are ripe now, and are really sweet. They do have some blight on them, but they taste good. They are rather crisp. My chart was rather vague in the early days, so any help on identifying the apple would be appreciated.Approximatly 2.5”. They are sitting next to some chestnuts. I am in zone 3b

View attachment 46253
Golden Delicious is my guess, but if so they aren't ripe yet. They should turn yellow. Most "green" apples are yellow apples when ripe.
Maybe a Yellow Delicious.
It has russeting, so it's not a Smoothee.
Otherwise, it could be a Mutsu (aka Crispin) or Shizuka.

I don't think honeygold for OP. They look too round/squat like and color is not the same

My honeygold are more like above and show the shape of the golden delicious parent.

They taste a little like honey. My guess would have been honeygold, but I don’t ever remember planting any.

My chart says it is a Woodarz and panted there, but I am pretty sure it isn’t.

I cant really place it. Just wanted to comment that some of the tree fruit ID guides are an absolute waste of time. The number of posts I have seen on-line from people saying that my guide says it is this are not even close most of the time, could be user error, but I am guessing not when it comes to trying to id an apple variety.

Could they be yellow transparent apples?

I found the invoice from 2015 when I planted these trees, the invoice has Wodarz, Haralon, Northen Lights, State Fair, Beacon, Whitney Crab, Chestnut crab, and Dolgo. Of these, Wodarz sounds to be the closest matching, assuming it wasnt mislabeled. Maybe they are just a week or 2 early yet?

Description​

Wodarz Apple Tree Info: From North Dakota. Considered to be one of the hardier apples, Wodarz has an uneven shape and yellow to green skin with a pink blush ripening in late September to early October. Flesh is white, firm and sweet. A vigorous apple used for eating and cooking with good storage-ability of up to three months. Somewhat tolerant to fireblight. A joint release of North Dakota State University and the R.L. Wodarz family.

Wodarz.jpg

I found the invoice from 2015 when I planted these trees, the invoice has Wodarz, Haralon, Northen Lights, State Fair, Beacon, Whitney Crab, Chestnut crab, and Dolgo. Of these, Wodarz sounds to be the closest matching, assuming it wasnt mislabeled. Maybe they are just a week or 2 early yet?

Description​

Wodarz Apple Tree Info: From North Dakota. Considered to be one of the hardier apples, Wodarz has an uneven shape and yellow to green skin with a pink blush ripening in late September to early October. Flesh is white, firm and sweet. A vigorous apple used for eating and cooking with good storage-ability of up to three months. Somewhat tolerant to fireblight. A joint release of North Dakota State University and the R.L. Wodarz family.

View attachment 46260
The apple in the picture looks like Wealthy, Maple Valley Orchard has a pic of Wodarz, in their scion wood, that matches your apples.

The apple in the picture looks like Wealthy, Maple Valley Orchard has a pic of Wodarz, in their scion wood, that matches your apples.

That has to be it! Thank you!

My map/chart I made when I planted them says Wodarz, and I ordered 3 of them when I planted back in 2015. This was the first year I got apples from this tree, and I liked them, but the pictures online I found didnt look like my apples, but the picture from that site looks identical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have. Wodarz on second leaf, per memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk