Apple cam pics 2015

Aweful! Never saw a buck! You? Check station here in town took in about half the norm.

Maya, no bear damage in this orchard, but two other smaller orchards that are in more concealed locations have had trees damaged or destroyed. It may be a loosing battle for those trees. This bear is a smaller guy, there is one that is much larger that is also hanging around.

WGI_0047.JPG

I haven't seen much for bear around here this year. The farm I manage normally has several, but I never saw one during bow season. I did get a couple pics before season though, but not in the orchards.

A few years back I went to Wyoming for a mulie hunt and came back to 100's of pics on one of the cams in an orchard. This little dude sat right in front of the cam for hours hovering up apples!Cdy_0036.jpg

Bears are neat to watch, but boy can they be destructive !! Eating apples on the ground isn't so bad, but when they start climbing or pulling branches down - there go your trees.

PICT0099.jpg
PICT0110.jpg
A few more photos of the orchard. This guy has become troublesome, breaking limbs and in one case pulling down a whole Honeycrisp tree. Glad season opens this saturday.

PICT0101.jpg

I have tried apple trees twice now. Maybe a tubular cattle gate would keep the bears out, but I don't know if I want to go to the expense again. I never even got to getting apples. Nice pics.