App to track fertilizer or spay coverage?

khizzle

Yearling... With promise
Is there a decent phone app recommendation that will help guide me to ensure I get good coverage if I spread fertilizer or spay? I have odd shaped plots so just doing straight grid lines isn’t working too well. I have a boomless sprayer and about to rent a buggy to spread fertilizer and want to help prevent overlap or missed spots.

Sorry if this has been discussed I couldn’t find much from the search function.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is there a decent phone app recommendation that will help guide me to ensure I get good coverage if I spread fertilizer or spay? I have odd shaped plots so just doing straight grid lines isn’t working too well. I have a boomless sprayer and about to rent a buggy to spread fertilizer and want to help prevent overlap or missed spots.

Sorry if this has been discussed I couldn’t find much from the search function.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not a bad idea but I haven’t seen it.

Try tracking on onxhunt app. Will track your exact path.

Agribus-navi. You can program the width of your sprayer.

I have a hard time seeing a phone being accurate enough. Just sitting in one spot and looking at something like OnX maps, the blue dot indicating current location frequently moves all over the place.

I have a hard time seeing a phone being accurate enough. Just sitting in one spot and looking at something like OnX maps, the blue dot indicating current location frequently moves all over the place.

I guess without wanting to buy extra equipment for actual ag GPS system I thought the phone might be accurate enough if you could enter spray widths. It would be just a little more accurate than just following a tracking line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Psssst.....over here:
https://deerhunterforum.com/threads/guidance-method-to-spray-crops.5892/#post-103783

Unless you have a device than has differential correction capabilities I doubt anything cheap enough for "us" to consider won't be anymore accurate than eyeballing a route or using foam markers. Does anyone use dye in the spray mix?

Psssst.....over here:
https://deerhunterforum.com/threads/guidance-method-to-spray-crops.5892/#post-103783

Unless you have a device than has differential correction capabilities I doubt anything cheap enough for "us" to consider won't be anymore accurate than eyeballing a route or using foam markers. Does anyone use dye in the spray mix?
I use dye but blue dye on green plants hard for me to see.

I agree. For food plotting good enough is good enough!

I have used the dye. Useless from my experience except to prove that I actually did something since it gets EVERYWHERE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tying surveyor tape to the vegetation as a visual guide helps. Over fertilizing not a big issue, too much herbicide can cause issues. You can always go back and spot spray.