Anyone Growing "Sherry" apple trees ??

Bowsnbucks

5 year old buck +
It seems to me at some point in time, someone posted about their experience with "Sherry" apple trees. I went back & searched a bunch of older pages, but couldn't find it. Are any of you guys growing "Sherry", and if so - what is your take on it so far ??

I remember it coming up. Looking through my notes, I ordered scionwood for it from Maple Valley in 2015. I think I only got one graft to take out of their scionwood and it wasn't the Sherry. As I continued to think about and research, I eventually came up with reasons not to try Sherry again. I can't remember the specific concern but if I crossed it off my list, it was probably scab or fireblight susceptibility.

Hey Mark

I planted 2 Sherry trees on Antonovka rootstock from SLN in 2005. Only one has fruited for me and it has dropped it's apples in Sept-Oct. It has definitely not been the late hanger that it was advertised to be. I'll be grafting them over to other varieties this spring.

Rick - I got one Sherry from SLN and it hasn't fruited yet - probably another couple years for apples. "Fruit will hang on tree all winter" is part of their description for it. It seems to be growing well though. I'm anxious to see if it hangs on until Nov./Dec. when it starts to bear. It's in a good spot for bow shots or maybe a dusk rifle season ambush. Since we only have one, I'll let it go as is to see if it hangs late once it gets some age on it.

Anyone else have Sherry ??

Just a 2 yo graft that is no where close to bearing.
I second guessed it last year after reading about disease susceptibility (FB if i recall correctly) but mine is still in the ground. Watching it very closely.

I have one going on it’s 4th leaf. No apples yet but it took off last year so maybe it will have a couple blossoms this year.