Any airgun hunters?

No I mean low at 50. Every projectile follows an arc no matter if it comes from a quarterbacks hand or the barrel of a gun. Say the same 200 grain bullet was sighted in at 50 yards instead of 100 yards shooting from the same Extreme Big Bore, which should shoot around 1100fps. Then it would be 6 inches low at 100 yards, 20 inches low at 150 yards and 42 inches low at 200 yards. That bullet still has well over 400 foot pounds of energy at 200 yards no matter what distance you sight it in at. Technically that set up has the ability to take deer at 1000 yards its just dealing with the 150 feet of hold over to hit the vitals lol.
Gotcha, I assumed by 50 yards it would be at the peak but with that much holdover I guess not. Thanks!

I bought a Benjamin (break, not PCP) for the neighborhood. Squirrels were killing my seedling trees on my deck. I've got to keep after them but I only lost one seedling this year. Our state passed legislation banning localities from regulating them on private property. That makes them legal, and they are quiet enough that the neighbors don't know what is happening to the squirrels.

I'm not sure a PCP is legal for deer in our state or not. I'm too concerned about hitting deer and not recovering it to go this route. If I want to increase the challenge by reducing range, I'll use a bow.

Interesting perspective. I enjoy shooting so don’t consider it anymore time consuming that other shooting activities. You’re right on the expensive comment if you’re talking about PCP rifles, which I am thoroughly sold on. I have gotten into it because I needed something that kills like a .22 but without any noise. I don’t have a suppressed .22 but ultimately that might have been an option too. Nor that I have the equipment to shoot and fill I’m considering what other options I might have. I can absolutely see myself squirrel hunting with this setup though. With a charged cylinder I get 40+ shots before even considering a refill and it’s more accurate/consistent than nearly all my .22 and without the noise. This was my group shooting off my deck sighting in at 40 yards (shooting off the railing).

Nice shootin'!

I liked recreational shooting in the US. Now I am mostly hunting in Europe and Canada, and shooting has become an inconvenience because of the laws and regulations. Ammunition is expensive, and the ranges are open at inconvenient times.

I'm sure I will start shooting more in a year or two when I have a bit more time and money. I want to bring my pistol here but I have to join a club in order to do that.

On the other hand, anyone can buy a silencer in Norway, so hunting with a silenced rifle is common and easy, and that has been a great alternative. I even shoot my .308 In the back yard without the neighbors realizing it.

Nice shootin'!

I liked recreational shooting in the US. Now I am mostly hunting in Europe and Canada, and shooting has become an inconvenience because of the laws and regulations. Ammunition is expensive, and the ranges are open at inconvenient times.

I'm sure I will start shooting more in a year or two when I have a bit more time and money. I want to bring my pistol here but I have to join a club in order to do that.

On the other hand, anyone can buy a silencer in Norway, so hunting with a silenced rifle is common and easy, and that has been a great alternative. I even shoot my .308 In the back yard without the neighbors realizing it.
Well I’m jealous of the different opportunities you have! But I certainly know they don’t come without inconvenience. I have hunted Canada a couple of times and it’s always interesting trying to bring guns in...and lord have mercy if you have a pistol.