Antler configuration question

Peplin Creek

5 year old buck +
Question for you all. I got pictures of a buck that looks like a buck I had on camera last year. The only major difference being that the rack switched sides from 2021 to now. So left side now looks like the right side from 21. Right side looks like the left from 2021.

Is this a known thing? Or am I looking at buck with similar genetics but not the same deer?

When I saw the picture I immediately was like, oh it’s this buck from last year. Upon further investigation i noticed the difference.

Sounds like a different buck to me. Any photos you can post??

I without a doubt does happen. However, it is every bit as likely a different buck.

Agree, could be either. Buck I shot last fall had a little backwards point on his left side which was on his right side the prior yr.

Happens. I had a buck with inside kickers that switched sides every yr. (2 on one side and 1 on the other). Was a homebody and easy to keep track of year round.

I just asked similar question couple days ago a big nine point that has had the 5 on left side this year on right?

A few years ago we had a 10×6 running around the house. That guy had points going everywhere...real points, not just a little bump here and there that some guys like to call a tine. This buck, even after antler shedding, was easy for me to identify because one of his pedicels was lower on his skull, almost down to his eye cup.
The following year, he went from a nontypical 10x6 to a clean 5x5 typical. 110% certain that it was the same animal.
After watching that buck for 3 years and seeing how his antlers drastically changed, I believe anything can change from year to year.