An Eye on the Dam

SWIFFY

5 year old buck +
I got some fun trail cam pics over winter in different places. This was on a beaver dam where I was trying to track down some otters. You Just never know what you'll get. This is my first attempt at adding photos off my computer so I hope it works, it opens some doors for me.

These are the better ones. Enjoy!IMAG0034.JPGIMAG0045.JPGIMAG0047.JPGIMAG0066.JPGIMAG0067.JPGIMAG0070.JPGIMAG0090.JPGIMAG0118.JPG

Great pics - didnt know spartan had a camera with a white flash

Great pics - didnt know spartan had a camera with a white flash
Yes, this particular one is not a cell cam. I like them a lot. Inexpensive, Tiny cams, very adjustable, easy set up. They take great pictures.

Is that an eagle in IMAG0070?

Great pics SWIFFY! ^^^ I saw the Bald Eagle in the tree behind the flying Mallard too!

Awesome pictures Swiffy. Thanks for sharing.

Is that an eagle in IMAG0070?
So it is… I guess I didn’t even notice. No wonder those mallards were uneasy. I was feeding the eagles on another pond about 3/4 mile away so there are many in the area.

Good eye!

Those are cool pictures. Beaver ponds sure are magnets for wildlife.

How big is the pond created behind that dam? I have a beaver dam on my place that is maybe 1/4 acre and it gets used by wood ducks but not much by other species.

There are 3 dams there along a creek. It’s flooded back into a low area. I imagine it’s 1/2 acre total right now. Lots of critters like it.

Interestingly, My daughter and I found 2 dead snapping turtles, one is big! I saved the shells. Do you think the otters would kill and eat big turtles like that? It’s a fun place to explore.

Attachments

• E3C86077-EAF0-4C9D-ABAA-328C0E04B80C.jpeg
    E3C86077-EAF0-4C9D-ABAA-328C0E04B80C.jpeg
    281.6 KB · Views: 15
I've watched a youtube video of an otter eating a big snapping turtle. It looked like a really crappy way to die since they flip them over and then start eating their back end and guts while the turtle is still alive.

That would be pretty cool to find some big turtle shells like that. You should post up a picture of the shells if you get a chance.

Great pics, thanks for sharing!