Advice needed ( when to plant)

Early Bird

5 year old buck +
My property is in southern Ohio, my plan was to go down over Labor day weekend and get my plot planted. It is raining there now and will be raining a couple of days this week but after that there is no more than 30% chance for the next 10 days. The question is should I plant this weekend or wait one more weekend to plant. My apprehension is that the last couple of weeks predicted hardly no rain and we ended up getting a couple of good soakings. I am lightly disking the soil and I will cultipack as well. Planting Rye, Radishes and a small amount of Red Clover. Thanks!!

I'd plant this weekend.

I'm south in zone 7a, and unless I'm trying to grow large PPT or GHR tubers, I usually wait until labor day and then start looking for rain in the forecast before a fall plant. Since you are a bit further north, you may want to adjust your dates earlier. Most of that seed doesn't take much moisture to germinate. While planting before a good rain covers a lot of sins, it is always an educated guess beyond about 5 days. You could plant labor day weekend if the fields are not too wet. The worst thing you can do is to get a tractor on ground that is too wet. Otherwise, you could simply wait for a week or so and watch the weather. If you don't plant labor day weekend, I'd probably shoot for the following weekend if you don't get rain in the forecast before that.

I will be planting WR, and clover next weekend as well, but I am in zone 3b, you will be good!

Put it in now. we'll get some unaccounted for pop up showers yet.

I have all mine in. Turnips via T&M are looking really nice

I usually plant my cereal grains around Labor Day, looks like we're getting rain tonight so I planted today.

Great! Thanks for the advice!

RAY

You don’t need a lot of rain this time of year. From here on out the ground will be wet with dew in the morning. As others have said I’d plant. I am in NW Ohio and I’ll plant Thursday or Friday.