All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Acorns/Chestnuts/Hazels.

Pat Hayes

Buck Fawn
We have Dwarf Chinkapin Oak (Quercus prinoides) acorns for sale as well as Swamp White Oak (Quercus bicolor) acorns, American hazelnuts (Corylus Americana), and a hybrid chestnut seed. The chestnuts are small, about 90 per pound. They are hardy in zone 4 for sure and they are very precocious. They sometimes attempt to bear the first year!

The Swamp White Oak and chestnuts are $5.00 a pound plus shipping and the hazels are $10 a pound plus shipping. Dwarf Chinkapin are $20 a pound plus shipping.

(I would have posted under for sale but categories just didn't fit as well as food plots.)

What's the story on the chestnuts Pat? Chinese? Any pics of them or the DCO's?

I would be interested in DCO and Hazelnuts. Or maybe a small mix of both or all of them...

Pats leaving us high an dry boys!

aside from this being posted in the Food Plot section, as soon as i read the post i thought....oh boy this guys is gonna get a rash of crap for trying to sell stuff...lol

aside from this being posted in the Food Plot section, as soon as i read the post i thought....oh boy this guys is gonna get a rash of crap for trying to sell stuff...lol
Not if he would come on here and share thoughts and info, at that point he might even make a sale or two. Pretty hard to buy anything with the limited info given in that one post and also hard to trust if the only reason for posting is to pimp product. Might as well have Don Higgins and Bob Mercier on here pimping their wares as well. And if your just trying to sell product, how does this fit better in the Foodplots section than the for sale section again?:confused: Acorns and tree nuts should be in either the Native Habitat section or maybe(?) in the Fruit Tree section, so that shows you he didn't really even take the time to get this placed in the correct forum section, he posted it in Foodplots to get it in front of the most viewers, period.

I was ready to give the guy a chance...if he stuck around and shared his expertise while trying to sell his products. What I don't get is what benefit does he receive when he gives us no way to get in touch?
He saw $$$ with a "new" habitat site full of a bunch of habitat freaks and just threw this up in a rush without even realizing he left no contact info whatsoever, not even a link or email address in his profile info. Same reason he posted it in the Foodplots section. Might as well be an ad for @$$ cream, at least then there would have been no question whether or not to report it as spam.