A buck we started calling Lewis and Clark. I would love to hear what people think his age might be.

Hoytvectrix

5 year old buck +
He randomly showed up in early September and has been living on our farm in Missouri since. We call him Lewis and Clark because he basically just wanders around the farm every day and gets picked up by multiple cameras. I have seen him from the stand 7 times and could have killed him at least 4 of those times. My brothers and I have all sworn that we will let him walk this year and hopefully get to see him next year because we think he is so young and demonstrating awesome potential.
This was filmed in Late September:

This is a better look at him but filmed in early September:

Any thoughts on his age?

He’s young. A great up and comer!
I’d say maybe only 2.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most likely 2.5. Hope he makes it!

2.5 to 3.5, you have any pics from late October, early november?

2.5 to 3.5, you have any pics from late October, early november?
This is probably the best I can do for now. This was October 16.

Attachments

• T_00001 (1)-1~2.jpg
    T_00001 (1)-1~2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 30
I'd still lean 2.5 with that pic. 3.5 would be possible. We had a 5.5 (outside chance 4.5) this year that looked very similar to that body in the 10/16 pic with just a little more gut.

Body sure looks 2.5. Hopefully he doesn't wander off your farm too often......

Thanks guys. We have had an internal debate about his age. I have been thinking 2.5 all along. If that is the case, he is one of the better bucks in our area in at least a few years. That and the fact he clearly lives on our farm is very encouraging for the upcoming years.

The bucks in my area seem to take their biggest jump in antler size from age 2 to 3. After that they slow down quite a bit. Hopefully that buck will take another big jump for you next year. I have my doubts but who knows. It will be a great buck no mater what.

I agree 2 or 3. Either way hes framed up nice and will probably blow up this coming year. He ought to be very recognizable. Exciting!

I want to say 2.5 when he is alone.
But in that first video he is obviously much bigger than the 1.5 year old that approaches and interacts with him. I said three there.
Everywhere else I said 2.

I bet 3.5 but I bet he makes a jump over next 2 years

Another vote for 3. Really hard to say with the early season videos but the October trail camera picture makes me think three. Great looking buck either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think 3.5

Beautiful deer. I would say 2 or 3, and probably a 3 year old. He has the potential to be something very special! Good luck.