500 acres in N MO

Does look like a nice place. I would have expected to see some pictures of bigger bucks though.

Does look like a nice place. I would have expected to see some pictures of bigger bucks though.

That's true. Needs more pictures all the way around I think.

Looks like an awesome place. Whenever I see places like this come up for sale, I always wonder "Why?".

That one has been on the market a long time. This is at least the 3rd different outfit it has been listed with in the last 18 months. $2950 per acre is well over market especially for 500 acres.

For such limited income, that price seems high.

Seems like in Mercer and Grundy Counties people are always high on the per acre asking. Im always curious what they actually sell for.

Wow that is a great aerial. Either they aren't hardcore trophy hunters (which is fine) or they aren't putting all their cards on the table.

Wow that is a great aerial. Either they aren't hardcore trophy hunters (which is fine) or they aren't putting all their cards on the table.

No mounts on the wall either. I even looked close in the mirror. :)

No mounts on the wall either. I even looked close in the mirror. :)

I don't know, guys. No giant deer mounts, but 2 of the 16 pics were deer tracks in the soil. Maybe they're going after the Benoits of the world.

Mushroom hunters

Seems like in Mercer and Grundy Counties people are always high on the per acre asking. Im always curious what they actually sell for.

Less than $2300/acre in April 2017 for hunting farms with decent to solid income. No realtor involved and ufortunately not me buying.

$3K an acre would sell in a minute here! Place down the road from me is 44 acres and they want $355,000! Just a little recreational property an nearly no income potential. Just 2 nice building and an acre pond on a paved road. With maybe 1/2 of it in "deer cover". In a general area with a low deer density.....$8K an acre is just nuts!

Yes acre prices are subjective. I am looking at an 80 this weekend. 5 ponds with a mix of cool and warm season grasses and good fences. They are asking $2k an acre and That is high.

I’m in central Missouri and it seems recreational land has dropped some around here. There was a land auction a couple weeks ago that had mostly woods with no annual income. The highest bidder bid $1100 and they no saled it.

I’m in central Missouri and it seems recreational land has dropped some around here. There was a land auction a couple weeks ago that had mostly woods with no annual income. The highest bidder bid $1100 and they no saled it.

When I first got to N Mo that price wasn't unheard of. No more of that, that ever hits the open market.

Way too high for a farm with that much timber.

Wow... It's all location, but recreational land within an hour's drive of "amish country" around here goes for $5000-8000/ acre. All the Amish farms are being sold and cut up, the men are working away from home, and want somewhere to still go scratch that itch and teach their kids how to physically work. So the price is nuts.

Wish I could buy land around here for $1100/acre. I'd be buying as much as I could.

I just sold my an 80 acre piece of ground in NW Missouri that was nearly 100% timber (except a 1 acre food plot). I had a nice one level house I remodeled and a couple nice shops. I sold (closed on) it for 370k less than a three weeks ago. It broke down to over 3k per acre for the land and the rest in shops/the 1500 sq ft house. No income...all recreational value and sold to an out of state hunter from the east coast. I bought a much bigger piece one county north (on IA border) with substantial income for 2500 an acre. It’s all about finding the right buyer and seller depending on which side of the equation you’re on.

Listing prices are getting out of control in northern missouri. A property that's priced right sells quick though.