2nd Year Switchgrass Spraying

Spiider

5 year old buck +
I was planning on spraying a 2nd year field of CIR switchgrass this spring (late April). My plan was to use Dbltree's, 1 quart gly and 1-2 oz's Oust XP /acre dosage. Here's my issue/question though. I've got Norway and White Spruces planted all around the perimeter of this field, Chestnuts and various White Oaks spread out all over, and then a couple rows of Dappled Willows. The switchgrass is more of a short term (5-6 year) solution until the trees start putting some height on. If I am to avoid all of my plantings when I spray, I'd only have about 1/4 or less of the field to spray (it's 5 acres total). Is that what I should do? What would you do?

I spray ghlyphosate/ oust without a surfactant all the time over dormant spruce and oaks. I can't speak for the chestnuts and willow. I Would check the labels. Especially the oust, that is strong stuff

I will check on those specifically. Great to hear that you are doing this over dormant spruce and oaks though. How early should I spray? First week or so of green up? That would normally be late April here in Mid-Michigan.

Make sure the ghlyphosate doesn't has surfactant or crop oil. Needs to be done before bud break.

Yes, thank you for ensuring I know to check! I know that my Farmworks brand Gly has the premixed surfactant added into it :( Great for most uses, just not this. But I should be able to buy a small bottle for this one time application.