2021 Seed exchange

b116757

5 year old buck +
Guys

Is there a seed exchange thread started for this year? I’d like to find some late dropping Sawtooth oak acorns and I’ll exchange for some late dropping Sawtooth oak acorns. I’d like to expand my local late dropping gene pool. I only have access to a single tree that is still holding tight to the acorns, I checked it yesterday and the acorns are still green. When I plant my new deer orchard this spring I’d like some acorns from other late dropping trees for a better genetic mix. Zone 6A

I've got 2 varieties of sawtooth. 4 trees that have very large acorns that are dropping now and about 6 that have smaller acorns that are still green. I'm collecting for another guy on here, but should have some left over if you're interested. I'm in 5b

I have access to a good many sawtooth, this is a popular commercial landscape tree in the mid Atlantic region. Some acorns are still green so I anticipate those to drop mid October-November. Zone 8a.

Shoot me a PM with your address and desired quantity. I don’t need any in return.

6c6dc0e2713504c5d81e965043eb29f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d like persimmon seeds. I have a local tree starting to drop but everything this year has been seedless.

I can collect paw paw seed (fruit not ripe yet) and Chinese chestnuts that are starting to drop. Growing in southern tier of NY, zone 5B.

Small native persimmons I have a great deal of but they drop Dec/Jan time frame and have a pretty good chance of root sprouting into a single sex grove of persimmons if planted in the open. This maybe a wanted characteristic and does make for an interesting grove of trees. I have one grove about 40’ diameter made up of 12 or so trees all female about 30’ to 40’ tall. These clonal persimmon groves are pretty common in my area. My suspicion is that a single tree sprouts from seed and at some point that tree is injured in some way horses, mowing, lightening, chainsaw ect… then the healthy root system sends up a dozen or more clones. Honey Locust also does this in response to injury.

Well my boys and I picked about 8 quart bags of Chinkapin Oak acorns total, probably 6 quarts this evening in about 30 min. from 4 diffrent sources. Two of those bags are spoken for and will be dropped into the mail on Monday. Anyone else interested in Chinkapin acorns I have plenty.

If anyone has any available, I’d be interested in some sawtooth or chinkapin acorns. I do have a very small quantity of dunstan chestnuts stratifying in the fridge for possible trade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just plugged several quarts Chinkapin this past week and broadcast the remaining couple quarts of Chinkapin acorns in the same area.

I can provide corkscew willow cuttings.
I'd like some sawtooth oak acorns. May be open to other stuff that grows in south central Kansas.

I can provide corkscew willow cuttings.
I'd like some sawtooth oak acorns. May be open to other stuff that grows in south central Kansas.
Wish I’d of known a week ago could hooked both you guys up with Chinkapin acorns. Some of the eastern guys had sawtooth acorns I did some trading for might PM them see if they have any left. The Kansas forest service sells quite a few seedlings cheap also being in Kansas I’d check them out. I put in an order for about 400 trees from them for this coming spring.

I only kept a few sawtooth this year. I'll see what I have and if I can spare them.