2-4-d

4wanderingeyes

5 year old buck +
This isn't a food plot question, but I figured this would be the best fit.

Will 2-4-d kill creeping Charlie in my yard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but it'll probably keep coming back. Might take several apps over a long period of time.

should......I use a brush killer on my yard.....crossbow/crossroad.....kills everything but the grass.....so now my yard looks like crap, but at least it's all grass!

Crossbow contains 24D and trichlor. And if you can find something with with two things plus dicamba you have a winner!

Boron will control CC. Buy at dollar general/ Borax 4# for 3$. No need to use one of the active ingredients of Agent Orange. Also good for alfalfa and brassica.

Last edited:
Boron will control CC. Buy at dollar general/ Borax 4# for 3$. No need to use one of the active ingredients of Agent Orange. Also good for alfalfa and brassica.
How much do you use and how do you apply it? Dry or diluted?

Per my soil test it is 1#/ac. You can spray water mix or I just put in a 0-20-20 bag fert with about 1-3# Borax and spread on my alfalfa/ac. Not real picky with it.
I've also used fert from coop once that had Boron in bag. Was .5 for the Boron in 50# bag. Didn't like usuing it because I didn't want more N in alfalfa or clovers, but in a yard, would be no problem.

Per my soil test it is 1#/ac. You can spray water mix or I just put in a 0-20-20 bag fert with about 1-3# Borax and spread on my alfalfa/ac. Not real picky with it.
I've also used fert from coop once that had Boron in bag. Was .5 for the Boron in 50# bag. Didn't like usuing it because I didn't want more N in alfalfa or clovers, but in a yard, would be no problem.

Thanks buddy:emoji_slight_smile::emoji_thumbsup:

I've used it on my plots for just the Boron in the past and never realiazed that some plots had no CC where I used it. Just happened to read something about that and it was also suggested for brassica. Since I guess its a micronutrient, not that much need except maybe alfalfa but with it being so cheap, I just include it if I am spreading fert. Of course my soils are not the best, so areas of good soil probably wouldn't need to worry about applying it.

Remember 2,4,d has been proven to cause cancer to pets, dnr use to use it to kill aquatic plants, and since this finding stopped using it in the lakes and streams, just to let you know!! Weed B gone use to have 2,4,d in it!!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Here's a chart I've saved for reference:

IMG_20160623_144238506.jpg

Nice Mort! Thats is a handy go-to guide! Thanks

Want is a good weed killer to use on clover ,with out killing it.

Want is a good weed killer to use on clover ,with out killing it.

Depends on what you are trying to kill. Grasses Cleth, or a weak mixture of gly

Depends on what you are trying to kill. Grasses Cleth, or a weak mixture of gly

Gotta be careful with mixing Glyphosate weak. We're developing more and more gly resistant weeds.
I've stopped using weak gly. Mix it to what the label says.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Per my soil test it is 1#/ac. You can spray water mix or I just put in a 0-20-20 bag fert with about 1-3# Borax and spread on my alfalfa/ac.
20 mule team Borax is about 11.3% boron. So the normal 4 lb 1oz box contains 0.459 lbs of boron. :emoji_wink:

The chore of fighting CC got lost on my to-do list and here we are in plotting/weed/herbicide season and I have the crap.
I never really understood how the borax works on CC. Is it a pre-emergent, or preventative, or will it kill emerged and established CC?