148 equals zero I tell you.

WTNUT

5 year old buck +
I have not been posting on here due to work and travel with my daughter and her competitions (takes at least one full week a month).
But, the most significant factor is I have been in fruit tree mourning. My spring started off great. I started with a very good crop of small apples in all the orchards (My orchards are more like tree plots ranging from 10 to 30 trees in a field. Fast forward to summer and to the present and I do not have a single apple, pear, or peach on any tree at the farm. The ate every one before they even got close to ripe. My number one winter project will be to wrap flashing or stove pipe around all of the trunks just below the first lateral. I will just have to make sure they cant get from the fence enclosures to the first later by entering the tree above the flashing or pipe. 148 fruit trees equals zero fruit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

.......its hard not to take these things personally............

bill

Maybe it's time for a squirrel recipe thread!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Sounds like you need to open your place up to either a small game hunter or coon trapper or both. Your flashing may slow them down or even stop them, but once the apples hit the ground you still have no control over which critters eat them. Sometimes we have to keep in mind we may focus on deer but other critters certainly take advantage as well and even they may need their numbers put in check. Having your fruit wiped out is disheartening....but it could be a lot worse.

That's horrible. What ate them?

That's horrible. What ate them?

Coons I noticed the typo later. I think subconsciously I could not type coon or raccoon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coons are super easy to trap. Just go to town on them. I caught 6 in 6 days this year inside a barn where they were eating all of the lady’s cat food lol. Problem stopped and haven’t caught another