H20fwler, you can get really fancy with them but to me they're great simply sautéed and used in omelets, on pizza, and included in soups.
Those are chanterelles growing on trees. They only grow from the ground. Most likely you are seeing Jack o lantern mushrooms. They are poisonous, won't kill you just make you wish you were dead. Everybody be careful out their with wild mushrooms, so many have poisonous look a likes.
Saute (almost stir fry) with the tiniest bit of olive oil or butter and a little salt over med-hi heat really let's the earthy flavor and texture come thru...just sorta let'em sweat down. And make sure you get a good id for chants growing out of wood vs dirt. Jack o lanterns can look a whole lot like chanterelles, typically grow from wood, and if you mis-id will quickly find yourself either sitting on the toilet or leaning over it...or both.