You'll shoot your eye out kid.....

Native Hunter

5 year old buck +
RzVkZaUh.jpg

Put your stand on the left side:emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

He’s going to be nice...

Put your stand on the left side:emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

He’s going to be nice...
You laugh but I had a buddy shoot a monster. He couldnt figure out how he was able to get drawn on that deer until he recovered it and it had no left eye. We told him it didnt count.

Even with one eye I bet that old guy will be hard to kill. It will be interesting to see if you get any daytime photos of that deer going forward. I love that hyperfire I have 2 of them. I wish they didn’t stop making it.

When I bought my hunting property the former owner was showing me game cam pics of the two big bucks he had passed on the prior year. One was a monster he called Pirate because it was missing an eye. With the fights in the fall it is inevitable that it happens occasionally.

Taking out one peeper doesn’t slow those old boys down much. I’ve had a couple resident bucks with only one eye over the years and they were just as hard to get into range as mature deer with two eyes.
I wish that wasn’t true, I need every advantage I can get!

He looks nice!!! Good frame! I like how his beams are almost turning down.

He looks nice!!! Good frame! I like how his beams are almost turning down.

Thanks and I believe those beams will grow some more this year. With that eye injury it would be good if we could harvest him.

Cool buck! You will know its him for sure when he comes through the timber!

What do you call him? "Blinky"?

Buckaneer?

Good names and maybe Pirate would be good too.

Tough old dude. Hope you get more good pics as he's coming out of velvet.