You Never Know About MN

Meth deal gone bad

I know a guy that does drug counseling and he was saying the I90 area from Sioux Falls across southern MN has gotten bad in the last 5 years. In the past there was meth and weed, now there is heroin, crack and more.

A lot of the small towns down there have a decent number of "ok paying" assembly line type jobs at meat packers and large manufacturing plants. Overall it is good for the towns with a lot of extra $$ coming in, but they can't find enough workers locally so they are a lot of outsiders coming in.

It has started to happen in small NW Iowa town where my in-laws live. They live in a town of 3,500 and 1,000 workers a day commute into the town. They haven't had crime problems yet though. A lot of money flowing through some of those small towns compared to small towns in central MN.

I have no doubt that section of the I90 corridor has every known illicit drug travel through on an at least weekly basis.
Yup and being right on the eastern edge of that corridor, and about half way between the Milwaukee/Chicago Metro area and the Twin Cities Metro area, we get a good share of the associated riffraff that goes along with all of that.:mad:

Necedah:rolleyes:...that's a whole 'nother story there. I think many of those incidents may have been pulled off by locals taking a "delivery" from some big city dealer who thought he was dealing with some cracker-a$$ yokels. Believe it or not, there is quite a difference in the redness of necks living 7 miles south of Necedah where I grew up and living 7 miles north of Necedah. Adams Co is the same way. Here in La Crosse, the north side of town nearer I90 is getting to be pretty bad. Lots of blacks with ties to Chicago/Milwaukee and lots of Asians with ties to the Cities makes for some very sketchy neighborhoods up in that part of town. Makes me glad I live in South La Crosse.

The meat packing plant in Long Prairie starts at around $15 an hour. For folks from Mexico...that's a LOT of money. Guess who comprises nearly 30% of the population in L.P.? I have zero problem with that...as for the most part they are hard working people who are doing a job that the white folks don't want to do (apparently). However, along with that influx of a different culture..problems follow.

For a lot of the riff raff in central MN its a decent amount of money too. I most small towns someone can get ahead making $15/hr with some overtime and if they watch their money a little bit. But they probably prefer to sit at home and b!tch about their situation.

Necedah:rolleyes:...that's a whole 'nother story there. I think many of those incidents may have been pulled off by locals taking a "delivery" from some big city dealer who thought he was dealing with some cracker-a$$ yokels. Believe it or not, there is quite a difference in the redness of necks living 7 miles south of Necedah where I grew up and living 7 miles north of Necedah. Adams Co is the same way. Here in La Crosse, the north side of town nearer I90 is getting to be pretty bad. Lots of blacks with ties to Chicago/Milwaukee and lots of Asians with ties to the Cities makes for some very sketchy neighborhoods up in that part of town. Makes me glad I live in South La Crosse.

Totally agree. The drug arrest numbers are way up as well as killings related to drugs. Hopefully La Crosse can break the trend... it is such a nice place, I would hate for a larger portion of the city to become a problem.

The meat packing plant in Long Prairie starts at around $15 an hour. For folks from Mexico...that's a LOT of money. Guess who comprises nearly 30% of the population in L.P.? I have zero problem with that...as for the most part they are hard working people who are doing a job that the white folks don't want to do (apparently). However, along with that influx of a different culture..problems follow.

I thought it was the Irish that took jobs that nobody wanted??