Winter Bannana

Mahindra3016

5 year old buck +
Is anyone growing Winter Bannana Apples? They are sold at a lot of orchards and markets in my part of pa, I have a tree ordered from ACN.

Yes I have 2 and the apples are great and the trees bore fruit early. They get a little waxy after a short time after picking and I ha e used them in my cider blends. Mine are from Boyer Nursery in PA. Great nursery that supplies a lot of county conservation districts seedling sales which will be starting soon. Where in PA are you?

I am in Bedford county. I have never gotten trees from my county extension, but plan on seeing what they have to offer this year.

Do it the prices are if you are buying big quantities and not just a few trees since they order a lot of a small number of varieties

How is Winter Bannana as as far as disease resistance goes? My county extension web sight says to check for 2017 tree list in January, I checked it again but still nothing.

I think most start mid January. I had some fireblight 2 years ago but it was fine this year and has been a good producer every year

I got Winter Banana as well, just grafted last year, I mostly have it because its the only apple i could find that originated in Michigan. We have tons of wild crabapples around but not many reach the 'apple' size.