Will work for scion wood!

Spur

5 year old buck +
I am in a bit of a predicament. I bought 25 pear root stocks, and 25 cherry root stocks from Cummins this spring thinking I would find someone locally that I could get some scion wood from. Who knew it would be this hard to find scion wood for pear or cherry? I had my wife post on facebook and even put an ad on Craigslist. Oh well, anybody willing to send me some buds or meet locally in the Elmira, Ny area?

If you don't find anyone let me know this February and I'll send you pear scions.

Got any disease resistant pear to trade and are you looking for budwood now or scionwood for next winter? I have a few I could get you but also looking for budwood myself.

I have:
Harvest Queen
Kalle, Red Clapps Favorite
Potomac
Shenandoah

Perry Pears (probably poor eating, like cider apples can be), expect most of these to be ripe in October.
Hendre Huffcap
Yellow Huffcap
Winnals Longdon
Normannischen Ciderbirne

Got any disease resistant pear to trade and are you looking for budwood now or scionwood for next winter? I have a few I could get you but also looking for budwood myself.

I have:
Harvest Queen
Kalle, Red Clapps Favorite
Potomac
Shenandoah

Perry Pears (probably poor eating, like cider apples can be), expect most of these to be ripe in October.
Hendre Huffcap
Yellow Huffcap
Winnals Longdon
Normannischen Ciderbirne

I would like some budwood to start grafting now. I would like the Harvest Queen, Red Clapps, Potomac, and Shenandoah please. I don't have any pear scions to trade but I do have cherry, plum, and apple root stock I can trade. I also have plum and apple budwood.

I'll send you a PM. You might have some apple that I'd take budwood for.

I am 164 miles north of you (eastern lake Ontario area just off rte. 81). I can send scions this winter or if you are here before then you are welcome to cut them yourself. The pears growing here are unplanted wild pears.

I'll send you a PM. You might have some apple that I'd take budwood for.
Let me know what you are looking for.

I am 164 miles north of you (eastern lake Ontario area just off rte. 81). I can send scions this winter or if you are here before then you are welcome to cut them yourself. The pears growing here are unplanted wild pears.
I go up your way every weekend in September and the first 2 weeks of October.

I go up your way every weekend in September and the first 2 weeks of October.
Will send you my contact info and you are welcome to come by and collect whatever is needed for pear grafting. September is better than October so we don't scare away any "14 pointers" too close to muzzleloader/rifle season. It sounds like you may do a little salmon fishing by the time of year you come up this way.

I will have some in February if your still looking.

Pears;

Keiffer
Ayers
Bartlett
MoonGlow
Chapin
Korean Giant
Gate
Ms Laneene
Becton
Gallaway
Gilmer Christmas
HoneySweet
Seckle

Cherries I'll have;

Stella
Rainier
Bing

I will have some in February if your still looking.

Pears;

Keiffer
Ayers
Bartlett
MoonGlow
Chapin
Korean Giant
Gate
Ms Laneene
Becton
Gallaway
Gilmer Christmas
HoneySweet
Seckle

Cherries I'll have;

Stella
Rainier
Bing

You have everything I want!

Spur,
I can hook you right up in late February if your interested then, just PM me this this winter and I'll send you fresh scions of all of them.

Shoutout to chickenlittle for dropping off budwood last night. 34 grafts completed tonight, now all I have to do is wait until spring.

how bout stopping by a pick your own apple farm? if you chip bud you would only need one branch that would yield quite a few buds. Talk to them of course, but this way you will see how that tree performs near you by the load of apples on it, talk to the grower too about spray, check for car, scab..... go the extra effort and bring a spray bottle with you with a 20% bleach solution in it to spray down pruners between cuts so you show you know the importance of not transmitting disease through contaminated pruners........