Wifes Day before Thanksgiving Buck...

OkieKubota

5 year old buck +
My wife has had very little time to hunt this fall due to work and even though our rifle season started last Saturday she never got a chance to go until Wednesday morning. I put her in a ladder stand on a bench in the oaks that I was getting pics of one of our target bucks I called Big 13. I went and sat in a stand I called the Pine Ridge stand and about 7:20 I heard her shoot, then shoot again and then a 3rd shot. I got down to go see what was up and she was down looking for blood. Seems she had a buck "with a lot of points" come into a thicket area to her left and she hit brush the first 2 shots and the buck bounced out into the open and stopped and she hit it on the 3rd shot. I helped her trail it up and it is her best buck to date and taken on our own small acreage!Christine Big 13.jpg

029.JPG Here is a velvet shot of him...

Looks like a 15 inch G2. Great job to you wife.

that is a GREAT buck! congrats to your wife!

You're gonna need to put some more walls in the house to hold all those deer heads! Nice work! How many acres are you working with where you hunt?

Congrats again

Heck of a nice buck! Congrats to you and your wife.

Thanks guys she is very proud of it and I am too! This buck spent the biggest part of the year on our place and I found his sheds last spring while we were building fence...

You're gonna need to put some more walls in the house to hold all those deer heads! Nice work! How many acres are you working with where you hunt?
Sorry about that... 80 acres.

Big one!! Congrats

Wow, just saw this Okie, great buck! Congrats to the lucky lady!

Damn, looks like I have to plan a trip to OK. You have some giant bucks down there.