All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White Spruce - WI DNR Tree Sale - Anyone need trees?

mtholton

5 year old buck +
My property is in West Central WI (Dunn County). I'm looking to split an order of two year old White Spruce from the WI DNR tree sale. Their min order size is 1000, and I only need 500. Roughly $200 per person (evenly split whatever the total is). I ordered the 3 year old last year, but the roots were a bit long and made planting tougher in the early season. They were all healthy, and seemed to do well thus far. I could meet you at the pickup site on delivery day, or if my land was closer, could meet you there. If anyone else has an order they want to divide up, I might be interested as well.

Where is the pickup site? I wasnt planning on planting more trees this year, because I have to finish my build, but if you cant find anyone else, I will take a weekend off from building and plant a few trees. I think I can find a spot.

I believe the pickup was at the forest office -

921 Brickyard Road
Menomonie, WI 54751

My property is closer to Boyceville

I had my dad pick them up last year (benefit of having a hunting partner that is retired:) )

Where is the pickup site? I wasnt planning on planting more trees this year, because I have to finish my build, but if you cant find anyone else, I will take a weekend off from building and plant a few trees. I think I can find a spot.

I wouldnt mind 50-100 of those trees. I'm busy in the spring with fieldwork, but would sure love to be able to plant a few on my hunting land in N MN. I would take some if I could pick them up in the Twin Cities. I dont have a ton of room, but would like to add them for diversity. Do what's best for you, and let me know if you have extras. Thanks.

I've bought from the wi dnr a few times but have recently been going through alpha nursery out of michigan. More selection and price point is reasonable on large orders... and you don't have to worry about pick up since it's delivered to your door

I've bought from the wi dnr a few times but have recently been going through alpha nursery out of michigan. More selection and price point is reasonable on large orders... and you don't have to worry about pick up since it's delivered to your door
Thanks for the tip, I'll likely give them a try now!

I like alpha nursery MI, thumbs up for them so far... just look at the bottom of their pages and realize there is a price modifier/multiplier for smaller orders.. the price you see posted is for larger orders.

It can be hard to beat the WI DNR Griffin Nursery prices especially with bulk orders.. Quality is usually always good. However they are starting to get out of line with the smaller orders, they have really jacked up the prices on those - they are doing a disservice to smaller land owners who pay taxes and buy licenses that fund the state nursery system.

Last edited: