White Rye and White Clover Plot

H80Hunter

5 year old buck +
Quick question, I've got a small 1/5 of an acre plot that was mostly Rye and White Clover last fall. It's coming along pretty well this year. I'm going to let it go into the fall since it's small, looks good, and is an area we don't hunt much.

Would you leave it alone completely? Maybe just add some lime and fertilizer.

Would you throw and mow anything into it? I've though about broadcasting a light rate of clover, Rye and radishes, and then mow the clover before a rain. Is there any risk to this? It's a small plot so the financial risk is small (as compared to if the plot was 6 acres).

Quick question, I've got a small 1/5 of an acre plot that was mostly Rye and White Clover last fall. It's coming along pretty well this year. I'm going to let it go into the fall since it's small, looks good, and is an area we don't hunt much.

Would you leave it alone completely? Maybe just add some lime and fertilizer.

Would you throw and mow anything into it? I've though about broadcasting a light rate of clover, Rye and radishes, and then mow the clover before a rain. Is there any risk to this? It's a small plot so the financial risk is small (as compared to if the plot was 6 acres).

This should be a good plan maybe add some oats.

^^^I agree. Worst case the established clover will come in when the weather cools. Best case you get some extra greens.