All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Viewing trail cam pics on iPad

Jordan Selsor

5 year old buck +
Anyone know of any apps or easy ways to veiw trail cam pics on iPads? I have to import all the photos to veiw them enlarged. What a pain in the rear when time to delete selected photos. Am I missing something here???? Got to be an easier way

I have an older Ipad and never found a way for trailcam pics. I bought a fairly cheap lap top last winter that has an SD card port and it works fairly good to put pictures in files for keep and easier to delete photos.

If you slide your finger across a row of photos the right way you can check them easily and delete all at one time. Do a few google searches and you will find a how to video.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone know of any apps or easy ways to veiw trail cam pics on iPads? I have to import all the photos to veiw them enlarged. What a pain in the rear when time to delete selected photos. Am I missing something here???? Got to be an easier way

I've had the same problem and resorted to my laptop. It sucks because the iPad is so darn handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would think that Apple would provide a SD Card slot on their IPads. Doesn't make sense.............

You would think that Apple would provide a SD Card slot on their IPads. Doesn't make sense.............
I have a way to upload them. It's just the viewing an deleting option is a pain! Seems like someone would make an app to make this process easier

I tried the Ipad with trail cameras for a while and finally just gave up out of frustration and went back to a laptop.

Windows 7 makes it easy, but when you go to Windows 10 it becomes a pain. They just messed it up for us running trail cameras. There are ways around the issues but still not as easy as with Windows 7.

I tried the Ipad with trail cameras for a while and finally just gave up out of frustration and went back to a laptop.

Windows 7 makes it easy, but when you go to Windows 10 it becomes a pain. They just messed it up for us running trail cameras. There are ways around the issues but still not as easy as with Windows 7.

Yeah I went to Windows 10 and your right! It's a total pain.

Here is what I do in Windows 10. It's a pain but works. I copied this below from where I helped someone on another forum:

What I do to get past this is change the name of the directory on the card using Windows Explorer. Change the name with the computer before you ever download it to the computer.

For instance, Each camera will put the pictures under a directory called "Reconyx 100." Before downloading them to the computer, I give them a different name while still on the card. I usually just do 1 for the first card, 2 for the second card, 3 for the third card, etc, etc, etc. Make another directory on the computer that these go to with the date of the pull and put each of these in that directory.

Now the pictures are going into different directories on the computer and even though many of the pictures themselves will have the same file name, there is no conflict, because they are in different directories.

Another helpful tip is to use the "cut" instead of "copy" when you move them to the computer. That way the card is already erased when the pictures are moved, so it saves a step in not having to erase the card. Also just hover over it when changing the name and cutting instead of clicking on it. This saves some time too.

Also, if you are going to use the viewer that comes with Windows 10, you have to start the computer where it has an Internet connection and then let it sleep while driving to the field. If you boot up the computer while away from an Internet connection, the viewer will not work until you get home.

Can't wait for the next wonderful software enhancement so they can mess it up even more.

Thanks Native. I'll give that a try on my next pull.

I use Windows 10. Use the open folder and view files option when reading a card. Have pre designated folders to cut and paste the photos I want to save. 99% of my trail cam photos/videos get deleted after viewing. How many pics of yearling bucks can one keep?