unsuccessful hunt

kabic

5 year old buck +
Helped my Brother in law look for a deer he shot this morning. Spotty blood. ..tracked it across a 40 and never did find it. This is the third buck he has shot and haven't found in the last 2 years. I did find the remains of one during muzzleloader season last year.​

:(

That sucks, every one who hunts will experience losing an animal, several in a row should cause one to look in the mirror and do something different for the respect of the animal. You might want to encourage him to go gun only, and practice shooting a lot and keep shots under 100 yards.

That sucks for sure. Willy does have a point.

That sucks, every one who hunts will experience losing an animal, several in a row should cause one to look in the mirror and do something different for the respect of the animal. You might want to encourage him to go gun only, and practice shooting a lot and keep shots under 100 yards.
Perhaps an experienced person should look at his equipment and also review shooting form.
But we have all lost deer.

He did also kill and tag one last year..so not exactly 3 in a row. He got a different bow this year..Also switched from expandable to fixed heads. I think he shot this one low quartering away.

I think he might be taking a target block down by his stand today to practice from the exact elevation he hunts from.

We have found a couple deer while 'grouse hunting' the area. Lots of labs seem to take up blood trailing fairly quickly.

Put a good dog on the trail and you would be amazed at how fast they can find it. Have talked to CO's about it and they considered it legal because you were not "Taking Game" but rather recovering game. My one dog has found deer a few hundred yards out in less than 10 minutes. A normal 100 yard track is less than a few minutes for her.